Primary Responsibilities of the Assistant Coach include:
•Practice coaching pertaining to the Throwing events: Weight Throw, Shot-put, Discus, Hammer, javelin. Or
Practice coaching pertaining to cross country and the distance events for track and field.
•Monitoring of the academic progress of the program's student-athletes
•Conditioning, off-season program, fund raising, equipment distribution and inventory.
•Community involvement and public relations.
•Other duties as assigned by Head Coach.
• Understand that violation(s) of NCAA rules could result in sanctions being placed against the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and the college.
• Attend regularly scheduled compliance meetings to maintain knowledge of current and recently established policies.
•Have familiarity and knowledge of NCAA Division II rules required as part of job duties.
•Ability to exhibit integrity with high ethical standards and strict adherence to NCAA, conference, college and departmental rules and regulations as well as solid commitment to academic integrity, student athlete welfare, ethnic diversity and gender equity.
•Long and varied hours, Frequent weekend and evening activities required. Travel with overnight and/or multi-day stays required.
•Execution of and commitment to NCAA II, South Atlantic Conference (SAC), and Newberry College athletic rules, policies and procedures, as well as conducting oneself in the highest degree of ethical standards.
Secondary responsibilities include. but are not limited to:
• Organization of practice and training times in coordination with other track and field staff/athletic department staff.
• Assist head coach with the day-to-day operations of a Division II Track and Field program.
• Assist with promotions and marketing of program.
• Assist in coordination of home track and field meets [collegiate and high school)
• Participation in community service projects and program-wide community engagement
• Participation in team-organized fundraising efforts throughout the year.
• Engage and interact with alumni of the track and field program.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree; minimum '1-2 years of track and field coaching and/or participation in the throws or cross country/distance discipline; demonstrated ability to work with and develop student-athletes; prior experience performing administrative duties in intercollegiate athletics setting; experience dealing with the correct application of NCAA regulations; strong commitment to the academic goals of the College; and excellent organizational, communication and public relations skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Minimum 3-5 years of experience coaching and dealing with intercollegiate athletics administrative functions, such as budget management, team travel, student-services/financial aid, etc. Past collegiate participation is also a plus.
A complete application will include the following:
• Cover Letter • Resume/CV • Contact information for three (3) current, professional references • Copies of Transcript(s).
Send application materials to email@example.com
Deadline for applying is Friday, August 30th, 2019
About Newberry College
2100 College Street
Newberry, SC 29108