Sports Medicine, Sports Medicine - Athletic Training
4 Year Degree
Assists the Director of Sports Medicine and Wellness in the overall organization, administration, and supervision of the sports medicine department. Provide prevention/care for the overall health and well being of Wellesley College students participating in thirteen intercollegiate athletic teams. Work competencies include but are not limited to: pre-participation exams, coverage of practice and competitions, direct care of injuries, coordination of rehabilitation and conditioning programs, injury tracking and other administrative duties, and communication on the status of student-athlete injuries. Assists in the development and supervision of athletic training student aides, and athletic training students. Collaborates with the team physician, clinicians within Wellesley College Health and Counseling Services, and community allied health professionals as it relates to individual student and team health and wellbeing.
This is a full time, 9 month position.
PRIMARY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assists in the daily operations and management of the sports medicine department including:
- Care and prevention of athletic injury/illness - Coverage of practice and competitions (may require travel) - Coordination of rehabilitation and conditioning programs - Communication with sports medicine staff, coaches, sports performance, team physicians, etc. regarding student athlete status and care - Assess risk of injury, perform ergonomic evaluation and coaching, self-care implementation and overall wellness promotion. - Electronic documentation of all patient encounters. - Minimize risk of injury through awareness, education and prevention strategies. - Communication and collaboration with team physicians, allied health professionals, and coaching staffs. - Carry out medical care for assigned student-athletes per the sports medicine standard operating procedures. - Serve as a member of department and/or college committees as assigned - Responsible for administrative and other duties as assigned by Director of Sports Medicine.
- Accuracy in assessments and treatment of injuries. - Skill and performance of specialized or technical duties. - Thoroughness and attention to detail. - Amount of work performed. - Completion of work on schedule. - Follow-through. - Applying oneself to work. - Acceptance of responsibility. - Attention to safety, economy, and efficiency. - Performance in new situations; flexibility. - Performance in emergencies. - Consistent adherence to all Safety Rules and Standard Operating Procedures. - Cooperation with students, faculty and, administrators.
- Student workers and interns.
- Bachelor's degree from a CAATE accredited program required; Masters preferred in related occupational field of study. - Must hold or be eligible for Massachusetts licensure.
- Preferred two years of college-level athletic training experience. - Must have current advanced life support/first aid certification, possess a valid driver's license and be cleared to drive College vehicles.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Possession of NATABOC Athletic Trainer Certification - Effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written). - Ability to work with diverse populations, as part of a team, and collaborate with others. - Demonstrated ability to work independently, to maintain confidentiality. - Ability and desire to meet the irregular hours and travel schedule required by the position - Instructor for CPR/First Aid or interest in becoming an instructor
The successful candidate will have to complete a background check as a condition of employment.
About Wellesley College
Wellesley College is a liberal arts college for women located just 12 miles west of Boston, is a 500-acre campus of woodlands, hills, meadows, an arboretum, ponds, miles of footpaths, fitness trails, and athletic fields and facilities borders scenic Lake Waban. The mission of Wellesley College is to provide an excellent liberal arts education for women who will make a difference in the world.Wellesley's reputation as a place of teaching, learning and sharing extends far beyond our classrooms, and our mission to make a difference extends beyond the students. Each member of our community-students, faculty and staff- make a difference in one another's lives, and in the life of the College. We strive to recruit and retain a diverse blend of talented, enthusiastic individuals who will take full advantage of the extraordinary environment and resources available to them to further their lives and careers.Join us in shaping the minds and lives of our students, and our collective future. If interested, send cover letter and resume to: Human Resources Office, Wellesley College, 106 Central Street, Wellesley, MA 02481; or to apply online, please use the following link: http://career.wellesley....edu/. Wellesley College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution and employer. Successful candidates must be able to work effectively in a culturally diverse environment. Applications from women, minorities, veterans and candidates with disabilities are encouraged.Visit our website at www.wellesley.edu/HR/