Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Assistant Coach – Men’s/Women’s Indoor & Outdoor Track and Field for the Rutgers Division of Intercollegiate Athletics. This position is under the direct supervision of the Director of Track Field/Cross Country, assisting in the coordination of an intercollegiate athletic program, this position must have an understanding of technical knowledge of the sport of Indoor & Outdoor Track & Field with the ability to help develop the student-athlete to their full potential. This position will focus primarily on the throwing events, with an emphasis on shot put, discus and the hammer.
Among the key duties of this position are the following: • Assists in establishing and maintaining a nationally competitive intercollegiate men’s and women’s indoor & outdoor track & field team in the Big Ten and the NCAA. • Recruits high level academically and athletically skilled students to attend Rutgers and to participate on the men’s and women’s indoor & outdoor track & field team. • Assists in organizing and conducting practices and competitions at a high level of efficiency and success with the throwers. • Supports in developing, teaching and instructing the student-athletes in the proper rules of play, conditioning, skills and techniques on the track field and in life-skills and leadership qualities off the floor. • Assists in fundraising and public relations events that support the objective of the program and allow for program enhancements.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Good organization skills • Ability to communicate with student-athletes and the media • Computer literate • Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to use a computer.
• Will be required to work nights and weekends.
• Must possess a Clean Driving Record
• High school or collegiate track and field coaching and playing experience in the throwing events is preferred. • Knowledge of Big Ten Conference and NCAA regulations preferred. • USATF Level 2 or USTFCCCA certification credits in throwing events preferred.
Internal Number: 19ST3019
About Rutgers The State University of New Jersey
The Rutgers Division of Intercollegiate Athletics sponsors 24 intercollegiate sports, comprised of 14 women’s and 10 men’s programs, that compete at the Division I level. The Scarlet Knights are members of the prestigious Big Ten Conference, the nation’s premier academic and athletic conference, after officially joining the league on July 1, 2014. Known as “The Birthplace of College Football, Rutgers hosted Princeton on Nov. 6, 1869 in the first intercollegiate football game, with RU earning a 6-4 victory.