The assistant coach for swimming and diving is a part-time position. Alma College is a member of the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) and the NCAA Division III. The position will assist with all daily aspects of the sport and will participate as an active member of the Athletics Department. This position will also oversee lifeguarding activities.
May include, but not limited to the following:
· Instructing and coaching the men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams
· Manages and directs the swimming and diving program, including practices, competitions and scheduling
· Retain current student athletes, monitor grades and academic progress
· Develop student athletes to be contributing members to the campus community and the community at large
· Evaluate and recruit qualified student-athletes; develops a recruiting plan
· Make travel arrangements for the teams and recruiting
· Manages a fiscally sound budget and develop fundraisers to support program
· Provides direct supervision to assistant coach(es)
· Cooperate with athletic training staff, maintenance staff, transportation staff, and others who are involved in supporting the athletic program
· Assist administration with alumni relations
· Commits to and is responsible for adhering to all rules and regulations set forth for the team, the College, the MIAA, and the NCAA with the utmost integrity
· Work cooperatively with personnel in athletic department, attend department meetings and activities, and always represents the College positively when interacting with the community, alumni, high school and club coaches, media and general public
· Support the philosophy and mission of the College and the athletic department
· Oversee lifeguard assignments for open swim and other activities
· Additional administrative duties as assigned
About Alma College
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.