Executive, Executive - Associate Athletics Director
The Deputy Director of Athletics for Capital Projects and Operations serves as a member of the Executive Staff for the Vice President for Athletics and Recreation working on the strategic direction of the department. This role is responsible for all capital projects for the department and has oversight of athletic facilities and operations, event management and championships, equipment services, and recreation.
• Capital Projects - Lead every aspect of facility projects relating to athletics and recreation including, but not limited to, organizing RFP process, managing budget and approval process, overseeing design and construction, and approving all interior and exterior design elements; Primary contact for central facilities management to ensure appropriate coordination with University policies and procedures; Work with Vice President for Athletic and Recreation on execution of master facility plan; liaison with outside firms, as needed; Primary contact for 19 Varsity programs and recreation department to determine current and future facility needs.
• Facilities and Event Management - Supervise facilities and operations staff to ensure appropriate maintenance of facilities, including coordinating and updating staff on upcoming renovation and construction projects; Work with Associate AD of Facilities & Operations on scheduling and budgeting for all events taking place within Athletics facilities; Supervise event management and championships staff to provide support to gameday event operations, including assisting with bids for post-season tournaments, as needed.
• Recreation Department - Oversee the recreation department, assisting the Associate AD for Recreation with the strategic direction of all recreational services; Responsible for developing a shared vision that aligns recreational goals with the mission of Athletics. • Equipment Services - Supervise equipment services staff to ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place for licensing, purchasing, and equipment inventory and distribution; Assist in managing Under Armour agreement with Deputy Director of Athletics for External Affairs.
• Sport Supervision - Serve as the initial point of contact for all issues related to their respective sports program and should exercise proactive leadership to resolve concerns for coaches, student-athletes and/or support staff assigned to the respective sport; As Sport Administrator, provides leadership, advice, counsel, oversight and guidance for each assigned program.
• Administrative - Assist in budget planning; including, evaluating department priorities and communicating priorities to assigned sports programs and departments; Recommend promotions and annual salary increases for personnel under direct supervision; Represent Northwestern Athletics at the local and national level as directed by the Vice President for Athletics and Recreation.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Master’s degree, preferably in business, finance, sport management, or a similar field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education may be substituted for a Master’s degree.
Experience in strategic planning and execution.
Knowledge of contracting, negotiating and change management.
Ability to facilitate and participate in group meetings.
Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Experience in a Division I collegiate athletics department preferred.
Knowledge of rules and regulations of the NCAA, Big Ten Conference and Northwestern University preferred.
About Northwestern University
The Northwestern CommunityNorthwestern University is a major private research university with 12 academic divisions located on three campuses in Evanston, Chicago, and Education City in Doha, Qatar. We have approximately 2,500 full-time faculty members, 17,000 graduate and undergraduate students, and over 5,700 full and part-time staff.Faculty members include Tony Award winners, MacArthur Fellowship recipients and members of numerous honorary and professional societies, National Academy of Engineering, American Academy of Arts and Sciences and American Council of Learned Societies.Research thrives at Northwestern University. Interdisciplinary teams at Northwestern work to solve society's problems and facilitate clinical and commercial use of their innovations with partners at Argonne National Laboratory, Fermilab, and local universities.Beyond being a dynamic learning organization, Northwestern employs a dynamic and diverse mix of faculty and staff who work proactively to ensure that the University is a special place to work. Northwestern is committed to the recruitment of a diverse faculty, staff and student body, fostering a climate that treasures differences and provides rich op...portunities for learning.To that end, Northwestern University actively seeks women, minorities, veterans, and disabled persons for employment and promotion throughout the University.The Northwestern Work EnvironmentOur two main campuses are situated along Lake Michigan’s lakefront. The Chicago campus, located between the Magnificent Mile and Lake Michigan, offers outstanding views and is within walking distance of some of the city’s main attractions.The Evanston campus, just 12 miles north of downtown Chicago, sits among charming residential neighborhoods, parks, beaches, and bike trails.At our newest campus, in the architecturally significant Education City in Doha, Qatar, the University offers undergraduate programs in partnership with the Qatar Foundation. To learn more about our Qatar campus, visit http://www.qatar.northwestern.edu/.The Northwestern Employment PossibilitiesWe have full and part-time staff positions available in a variety of roles.Job areas we frequently recruit for include:Office and School AdministrationInformation TechnologyHealthcare and ResearchAccounting and FinanceFacilities ManagementProfessional: Entry, Mid-level and ManagementLaw Enforcement and SecurityNorthwestern University also operates its own Temporary Center. Whether you are a first-time or transitional job seeker, college graduate, graduate student, experienced professional or retiree, we have a variety of temporary positions such as: Office Assistant, Accounting/Financial Assistant, Executive Assistant as well as various other administrative, professional and contract positions. To learn more about our temporary employment, visit our Temporary Center.The Northwestern BenefitsNorthwestern offers many benefit options to full and part-time employees including:Competitive compensationComprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverageTuition reimbursementPre-tax transit optionsProfessional development opportunitiesVacation, sick, and holiday payExcellent retirement plansWork/Life balance and resourcesDependent care matchFaculty-Staff Assistance ProgramWe also provide employees with access to an abundance of recreational, cultural, and enrichment opportunities that take place on and off campus.For more information on benefits and perks offered by Northwestern, visit the Benefits section.