Responsible for the development and implementation of marketing strategies and promotions to enhance the image and create awareness of the University of Houston. Works closely with team operations on marketing and promotional programs that will drive fan engagement for assigned sports. They will also coordinate the marketing, promotion, and sponsorship fulfillment for assigned sports.
1. Promotes the University of Houston brand in an effort to increase attendance, generate revenue and maximize the game-day fan experience, and assists with sponsorship development and fulfillment.
2. Develops marketing plans, ticket sales strategies and game promotions for assigned UH Sports.
3. Works with graphic artists to develop promotional advertisements to target students, alumni, faculty and staff, youth groups and local communities to promote UH Athletics and assigned sports.
4. Coordinates and supervises all in-game, half-time, and special event promotion to include planning, design, and execution of a strategies to improve fan engagement and the overall game day environment for assigned sports.
5. Responsible for the development of Game-Day marketing scripts and timelines for assigned sports.
6. Provides support at external and special events to promote the Athletics Department.
7. Participates with game day set-up and activation of home football games.
8. Acts as a point of contact/facilitator for community outreach initiatives for assigned sports.
9. Coordinates the production and distribution of needed promotional materials for assigned sports.
10. Supports marketing department initiatives and game production for UH Sports as assigned.
11. Serves as spokesperson/ambassador for the Athletics Department and the University of Houston. At all times and in all settings represents the Department and University in a way that positively reflects and grows affinity for all things UH.
12. Assists with special projects.
13. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4-year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Education may be accepted in lieu of experience.
Salary: $3,442.00 - $4,388.00
Required Attachments by Candidate: Resume, Cover Letter/Letter of Application
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.