Operations, Operations - Marketing/Promotions, Operations - Sports Information
4 Year Degree
REPORTS TO: Director of Athletics Communication DEPARTMENT: Sports Information EFFECTIVE DATE:: May 2019
JOB SUMMARY Assist with the day-to-day communications and media relations for all 15 NCAA Division II sports under the supervision of the Director of Athletics Communications.
TO APPLY Please visit http://snu.edu/graduate-assistant-sports-information to apply online for this position
• Supervise and coordinate gameday media operations and supervision of gameday staff, including statisticians for assigned sports.
• Experience and background in desktop publishing software is preferred, especially Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
• Assist in the marketing and promotion of the SNU’s 15 varsity programs.
• Write and edit various communication materials, game recaps, game notes and sport-specific content for the department’s website.
• Coordinate, record, and edit videos to be used on snuathletics.com as well as all social media platforms, including generating short features and marketing promos.
• Coordinate media and sports information coverage for all home events including video streaming, live stats, and gameday workers.
• Opportunity to serve as primary and/or secondary communications contacts for team(s), as assigned.
• Develop working relationship with team’s coaching staff and student-athletes, as assigned.
• Assist with hiring, training, supervising, and mentoring student workers.
• Work collaboratively with Marketing and Communications staff members on various projects and initiatives.
• Experience and knowledge with social media platforms. Participate in the planning and execution of social media marketing campaigns.
• Graphic design or video editing skills is a plus.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in sports management/administration, business management, marketing, communications or other appropriate disciplines.
Acceptance into a master’s degree program
A broad base of technical journalistic knowledge and skills including writing, editing, graphic design, photography, and videography.
Ability to deal effectively with and represent the University to a broad range of individuals and groups within and outside of the University.
Ability to work a flexible schedule including, but not limited to, evenings and weekends.
Experience in the athletic communications field preferred.
Knowledge of a broad range of sports preferred.
Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, SIDEARM Sports website management, and Stat Crew statistical software platforms preferred.
• Receives supervision and work assignments from a designated supervisor, although other staff members in the unit may provide work direction.
• May be responsible for the coordination of work assignments for student employees.
Additional Salary Information: Position can be extended for a second year based on academic and administrative performance evaluation.
About Southern Nazarene University
Founded in 1899, Southern Nazarene University is a private, Christian, liberal arts university - a service of the Church of the Nazarene. Located on a 40-acre campus just west of Oklahoma City, SNU grew out of several small colleges committed to educating people for lives of service to God, leadership, and reconciliation toward their neighbors and within the global community. More than 32,000 alumni work and serve throughout the United States and the world.