Centenary University invites applications for the position of Head Coach for Women’s Lacrosse. This is a full-time, 10-month position that is eligible for benefits. Under the direction of the Director of Athletics, the Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach is responsible for the organization, administration and supervision of the women's lacrosse program, recruitment and retaining of student athletes, and for assisting with internal operations of the athletic department including game day supervision. The coach is responsible for ensuring compliance with all university, conference and NCAA policies and procedures.
The person will manage all aspects of the sport program, including, but not limited to:
• Oversees all aspects of the sport program.
• Recruits and retains qualified prospective student-athletes.
• Conducts training sessions to aid in the skill development of team members.
• Manages game-day preparation and scouting of opponents.
• Coordinates development of a competitive and balanced schedule.
• Manages team within framework of established budget by purchasing equipment/apparel, uniforms, supplies, and other services.
• Monitors eligibility status and promotes academic progress of student-athletes.
• Hires, supervises, and mentors assistant and volunteer coaches.
• Counsels and mentors team members as needed.
• Monitors health, wellness, and safety of team members.
• Works in conjunction with the athletic training staff and strength/conditioning to support the development and recovery of student-athletes.
• Enforces department and team expectations regarding general standard of behavior for student-athletes.
• Transports team members to away contests as required.
• Engages with key university staff and offices as necessary for matters related to sport program and Athletics Division.
• Serves as a role model for team members with regards to personal and professional conduct.
• Represents the University at conferences, meetings, seminars and to the public as required.
• Energetic, hard-working, and willing to build a program
• Staff supervision and event oversight (if applicable)
Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations, particuliarly as they apply to women's lacrosse recruting and student-athlete eligibility
Additional Salary Information: opportunity for additional income through camps and clinics
About Centenary University
Centenary University has a 150 year tradition of providing high-quality liberal arts and professional studies while helping students gain the skills and connections they need to prosper in today’s world.The Centenary University Athletics Department consists of 14 sport programs and over 200 student-athletes including baseball(m), basketball(m/w), cross country(m/w), field hockey(w), golf(m), lacrosse(m/w), soccer(m/w), softball(w), volleyball(w), and wrestling(m). Performing in the Colonial States Athletic Conference (CSAC), Centenary is a member of the NCAA at the Division III level.