Assistant Director of Annual Giving / Special Events
University of New Mexico
May 30, 2019
Albuquerque, NM, US
Under the supervision of the Assistant Athletics Director of Development, responsibilities of the Assistant Director of Annual Giving / Special Events include assisting with the stewardship, cultivation, and fundraising efforts for the Lobo Club's annual giving initiatives, including but not limited to the Lobo Scholarship Fund, Gift-in-Kind Program, and Sport Enhancement Funds. This position will also be responsible for coordinating and executing fundraising, stewardship, and cultivation events for the Lobo Club, including the annual golf tournament, Chery & Silver Scholarship Gala, and other various events throughout the year. This position will carry an annual giving portfolio and be tasked with solicitation and stewardship of prospects and current donors.
1. Responsible for the oversight and execution of soliciting and managing the gift-in-kind program within the Lobo Club.
2. Assist with the management of the annual fund to ensure that solicitations, follow-ups, and all communications occur in a timely manner.
3. Assist with the creation of annual giving collateral, including email generation, print collateral, and digital media
4. Lead and manage all fundraising, stewardship, and cultivation events from start to finish including but not limited to, negotiating event contracts, booking event space, and working with a variety of vendors for food/beverage, event supplies, dcor, signage, etc, to meet the quality expectations of the Lobo Club
5. Generate targeted revenue for all fundraising events and the annual fund
6. Oversee and manage volunteer event committees
7. Carry a small annual giving portfolio to assist with solicitation of prospects and current donors.
8. Assist with game days and all other Lobo Club functions
9. Serve as the Lobo Club representative for specific sports assigned to the position
Benefits Eligble: This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.
Department: Athletics Lobo Club (925J)
Employment Type: Staff
Staff Type: Regular - Full-Time
Pay: $16.83 - $19.23 / Hourly
Benefits Eligible: This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.
For Best Consideration Date: 5/30/2019
Application Instructions: Please provide a cover letter tailed to the qualifications of the position.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or GED; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Bachelors degree and 1 year of relevant experience