Conference Carolinas seeks applications for an Associate Commissioner to assist the Commissioner with the strategic leadership of Conference Carolinas with specific focus on oversight of regular season and championships competition of 23 sports. The individual works directly with athletics directors and coaches to ensure competition aligns with the conference mission, vision and strategic plan. The associate commissioner works under the direct supervision of the commissioner. This is a full-time, exempt position with health insurance and retirement benefits.
Associate Commissioner Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead the process of administering 23 conference sport championships
Oversee event management
Provide a memorable student athlete experience
Assure fair and respectful competition
Oversee selection of event venues and tournament hosts
Administer conference tiebreaker procedures as necessary
• Assist the Commissioner in providing leadership to the conference Athletics Directors
Assist in creation and oversight of all activities, meetings and reports of athletics directors and sub committees
Lead meetings when Commissioner is not able to attend due to other conflicts.
• Serve as the primary liaison to each sport coaching committee
Responsible for out of season and preseason coaches conference calls including the process of sharing concerns and recommendations of coaches to appropriate athletics administrators
Responsible for administering, interpreting, and enforcing all sports policies and informing stakeholders of changes approved by athletics directors
• Maintains the Conference calendars
• Oversees the process of completing all sport schedules for all conference sports following the established guidelines
• Oversees the nomination, selection and recognition of students for all-conference, all-tournament, individual accomplishment and year end awards
• Compiles and posts annual sport archives information
• Compiles the annual conference directory
• Assists with revenue generation (sponsorships, partnerships, marketing, branding)
• Assists with the coordination of contracts and fees with official assigners and day to day operational policies and procedures involving officials.
• Participates in activities of conference membership, NCAA Division II activities, strategic planning, staff hiring and supervision, and campus visitation
• Conference representation at meetings, functions and appointments as needed
• When needed assume the responsibilities of the commissioner
Please submit a cover letter, resume and names of three professional references to Jobs@Conferencecarolinas.com. Position will remain open until filled, however for full consideration, please apply by June 7, 2019. Conference Carolinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The successful candidate should have 3-5 years of collegiate athletics experience, some portion of which was either in a conference office or working closely with a conference office. The associate commissioner must be well versed and comfortable working with athletics administrators and stakeholders. A bachelor’s degree is required and advanced degree is strongly preferred. The individual will possess strong verbal, written and online communication skills. The ability to manage multiple responsibilities under pressure is essential for success. Travel and some night and weekend work is required. Conference Carolinas strives to employ individuals that represent the diversity of its membership.
About Conference Carolinas
Conference Carolinas is a NCAA Division II athletics conference that is relocating to the Greenville, SC area in the summer of 2019. Member schools are located in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. Member schools include: Barton College, Belmont Abbey College, Converse College, Emmanuel College, Erskine College, King University, Lees-McRae College, Limestone College, University of Mount Olive, North Greenville University, Southern Wesleyan University, and Chowan University. All conference members were founded with a focus on faith, are smaller, private, liberal arts institutions, share common values, and strive to attain excellence and virtue in all endeavors.
Conference Carolinas is built upon the idea of offering challenging NCAA competition in an environment that fosters both the academic and athletic achievements of its student-athletes. Conference members believe that only when sport is properly directed towards the development and formation of the whole person, in body, mind, and soul, can each student-athlete realize his or her full potential. Conference Carolinas’ new tagline is “Champions in Body, Mind, and Soul”.