James Madison University, a Division I member of the NCAA and Colonial Athletic Association, is accepting applications for an Assistant Director of Event Operations within the Athletics Department. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the Game Manager for assigned varsity sports. Submit bids, plans and coordinates support services and execution of assigned CAA and NCAApost-season events. Perform duties such as enforce health, fire safety and other facility regulations, perform crowd control and ensure safety of patrons and game personnel including teams, coaches and officials. When serving as the Game Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall operation of the event/venue. Serve on Game Day Operations Team (GDOT). Ensure compliance with all relevant institutional, CAA and NCAA rules.
- Coordinate with service providers (campus and contractors) and/or assign operational support for both athletics and special events including but not limited to parking services, police, concessions, A/V contractor, medical, clock operators, ball persons, facility clean-up, ticket takers and ushers. Coordinate all Event Staffing at assigned sports and special events.
- Assist in the planning/execution of Special Events hosted in Athletic Facilities.
- Develop and implement parking plans/procedures for assigned sports and venues.
- Serve as department liaison of all equipment rentals (staging, tents, chairs, etc.) including submission for stage, tent and excavation permits.
Required Qualifications: - Experience working in Division 1 College Athletics in a game operations/event management capacity - Experience using scheduling software - Ability to work and thrive in a team setting and in a fast-paced environment - Comfortable with working non-traditional hours during games and at special events - Excellent time management, organizational and communication skills - Demonstrates accuracy and attention to detail
Preferred Qualifications: - Bachelor’s degree in a related field - Previous supervisory experience - Prior experience with recruiting and training student employees and interns - Previous experience with coordinating and organizing event staff
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.