Colorado Mesa University Track and Field, located in Grand Junction, CO, is currently seeking applicants for a Part-time Assistant or Graduate Assistant position in the Pole Vault or Multi/Distance field. CMU is a proud member of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference that competes at the NCAA Division II level.
- Assists the head coach in the coordination of administrative areas of program management including, but not limited to, scheduling of practices, travel plans, fundraising, and equipment.
- Assist program in recruiting quality student athletes to the men’s and women’s track and field programs.
- Analyze performance and instruct athletes in specific techniques and tactics in preparation for practice and competition.
- Assist in the management of all camps while executing the camps within the 10-month contract.
- Mange equipment usage and track equipment inventory.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the head coach and the athletic directors.
- Work and communicate in a positive and efficient manner with all student athletes, coaches, administrators and support staff
- Travel with the team to meets
- Collegiate track and field participation and/or coaching experieince in pole vault, multi events, or distance.
About Colorado Mesa University
About Colorado Mesa University:Founded in 1925, Colorado Mesa University is a comprehensive regional public higher education institution offering liberal arts, professional, and technical programs at the master's, bachelor's, associate and certificate levels.At Colorado Mesa, we take great pride in providing educational opportunities and tools that help students succeed in today's complex and interconnected world. Our focus is on providing quality academic programs, built on a strong liberal arts core that support students' interests and regional employment needs, as well as technical programs that respond to vocational workforce demands.Colorado Mesa is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.About Athletics:Colorado Mesa University has a strong winning tradition as a member of the NCAA Division II and Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference. The Mavericks have more than 90 conference and regional titles. Currently 26 Colorado Mesa teams compete in intercollegiate varsity sports. CMU offers more than 700 student-athletes the opportunity to earn a degree while competing at a top Division II institution.