The University of Iowa Center for Advancement is looking to expand its dynamic 15-member athletics development team, committed to success for UI student-athletes and working with a dedicated base of fans, alumni, and letter-winners to advance the UI’s 24 Division I athletics programs. Iowa Athletics enjoys a strong base of support from our alumni and ticket holders, making the Tigerhawk one of the most recognizable brands in college athletics. In addition, Iowa Athletics has an ambitious athletics facilities master plan, with more than $200 million in facility improvements underway and on the horizon, including an $89 million renovation to historic Kinnick Stadium.
The new Director of Athletics Annual Giving will oversee development and implementation of strategy around Athletics Annual Giving programs including ticket renewal, per-seat annual giving, letter-winner programs, and I-Club. Develops, stewards, and grows Leadership Annual Giving program. Coordinates with UI Athletic Department marketing and communications regarding social media messaging and branding.
• Oversees execution of athletics annual giving program; develops annual timeline and implementation plan for ticket renewal and per-seat annual giving; develops annual timeline and implementation plan for the 24 letter winner/sport teams in coordination with UICA communications, UI Athletic Department sport administrator, and UI Athletic Department marketing and communications
• Serves as athletics development point of contact with UI Athletic Department marketing, communications, and ticketing office on annual giving benefits and seating-related contributions; coordinates ticket renewal and per-seat contribution annual giving
• Leads strategy for I-Club/athletic donors on our UICA Athletics Development social media platforms and coordinates with UI Athletic Department marketing and communications regarding social media messaging and branding
• Develops, stewards, and grows Leadership Annual Giving program, which includes utilizing prospect management team and annual giving data to qualify new Champion Hawk, Kinnick Society, Kinnick Society Gold contributors; manages small major gift portfolio in addition to developing leadership annual giving portfolio
• Works closely with UICA Annual Giving staff to maximize annual giving results through direct marketing, solicitation, and reporting using industry best-practice strategies; coordinates on leadership annual giving strategies and collaborates on donor-centric annual giving strategies for university alumni and friends; incorporates athletic-related annual giving solicitations within a comprehensive UICA calendar; identifies opportunities to utilize the UICA’s crowdfunding program for athletic fundraising opportunities
• Serves as point of contact for Data Analytics on athletics donors/prospects; works with Data Analytics to utilize social media tools and platforms to market and prospect new annual and major gift prospects; oversees development of annual gift and athletic giving reports in conjunction with data analytics and IT
• Leads annual giving stewardship initiatives; develops annual giving impact report to be shared with donors each January; coordinates and delegates annual thankathon and #ThanksHawks campaign programs with student athletes and our donors
• Attends and participates in multiple athletic games, events and programs to engage, qualify, cultivate, and steward our donors, prospective donors, fans and alumni
• Serves as event/I-Club partner along with Director of Events, Athletics and develops I-Club marketing materials for athletics events
• Serves as a member of Athletics Development leadership team, representing Athletics Annual Giving and actively participating in overall athletics development strategic direction; represents Athletics Development at weekly UI Athletic Department marketing/communication meeting and communicates back to Athletics Development team
• Manages all aspects of the employee lifecycle from recruitment and onboarding through separation; empowers employees to take responsibility for their jobs and prioritizes trust and transparent communication as the basis for a productive relationship; supports employees in developing meaningful goals aligned with those of the unit and UICA and in achieving/surpassing those goals; inspires performance through clear expectations and ongoing feedback; supports employees struggling to meet expectations for productivity, quality, and goal attainment; identifies and anticipates competency gaps within individuals and the unit as a whole; motivates, develops, coaches, and rewards employees for growth in competencies over time, leading to new opportunities for subject matter expertise or leadership; partners with Talent Management to achieve optimum results for employees, self, unit, and UICA; creates a work environment that is consistent with UICA mission/vision and that emphasizes our organizational culture and values
Successful candidates will demonstrate an understanding of comprehensive day-today operations of athletics annual funds and appreciation for intercollegiate athletics—particularly Iowa Athletics—and their role in a Big 10 academic environment. For fullest consideration, please include a detailed cover letter and apply by May 24.
Additional Salary Information: Competitive salary and industry-leading benefits package
Internal Number: 1147
About University of Iowa Center for Advancement
The University of Iowa Center for Advancement is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that raises private gift support for the University of Iowa, the state’s highly-ranked flagship research university with more than 30,000 students, a premier academic medical center, 24 NCAA Division I teams with 27 national championships, and an unparalleled fan base. The UICA benefits from a centralized fundraising model, with a talented staff of more than 250 professionals who work collaboratively in a beautiful modern building on the edge of campus. In addition to competitive compensation and benefits, the UICA has a strong sense of family, community, and purpose with many employee programs supporting volunteerism and work/life balance within the vibrant college town of Iowa City.