The position of Graphic Design Coordinator will develop all collateral including print, digital, video board and social media graphics in an effort to raise brand awareness, increase attendance, generate revenue and maximize fan engagement. Position duties and salary are reflective of an entry-level position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Creates original graphics in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
2. Develops and creates of all print, digital, videoboard and social media content (including but not limited to posters, brochures, annual reports, infographics, web banners, schedule cards, e-mails etc.).
3. Assists all 17 sports teams, ticketing, Duquesne Athletics Fund (fundraising), Sports Communication, Red & Blue Crew and corporate sponsorships on design fulfillment.
4. Creates templates for department-wide use. Remains up-to-date on current design trends. Schedules and directs all photoshoots.
5. Oversees the organization and upkeep of photography files.
6. Works within brand guidelines to create strong, innovative and memorable content.
7. Implements a themed and consistent look in promotion DU brand and athletic programs.
8. Upholds the Duquesne athletics brand, logos, wordmarks, colors and fonts.
9. Creates real-time content at assigned game days and special events, including but not limited to social media graphics (score updates, stats, accomplishments, etc.).
10. Communicates with media relations and marketing to ensure game day needs are met.
11. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing.
Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related field with one year of experience OR 2 - 3 years of design experience.
*Basic knowledge of After Effects and HTML.
*Alternately, the successful candidate may possess any equivalent combination of experience and training, which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the essential job functions. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
*Ability to develop multiple concepts per project and work with staff to determine what best suits needs while aligning with athletics brand.
*Ability to think creatively and work in a face-paced environment.
*Excellent organizational, project management, problem-solving and customer service skills.
*Ability to communicate and adhere to University, Atlantic 10 Conference and NCAA policies, procedures, rules and regulations .
*Sensitivity to the need of each individual to be treated with dignity and respect as it relates to diversity in general and the Mission of the University specifically.
*Ability and willingness to contribute actively to the mission and to respect the Spiritan Catholic identity of Duquesne University. This mission is implemented through a commitment to academic excellence, a spirit of service, moral and spiritual values, sensitivity to world concerns and an ecumenical campus community.
About Duquesne University
Duquesne University is a private, coeducational university located on a bluff above downtown Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Founded in 1878 as a Catholic college by the Order of the Holy Spirit, Duquesne is the largest and most comprehensive Catholic university in Pennsylvania, and the only Spiritan institution of higher education in the world. Duquesne is consistently ranked among America's top Catholic universities for its award-winning faculty and a tradition of academic excellence. A coeducational university on a self-contained campus with dramatic views of Pittsburgh's skyline and rivers, the university has students representing nearly every state in the union and 80 nations. Duquesne has a 14:1 student/faculty ratio, and 87 percent of incoming freshman are drawn from the top half of their high school class. Duquesne offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in natural and environmental sciences, leadership, business, nursing, health sciences, pharmacy, law, education, music, and the liberal arts. Duquesne University offers 6 men’s and 11 women’s varsity sports, including NCAA Division I Basketball, (Atlantic 10 Conference), and Division I-FCS football (Northeast Conference). Learn more about our athletics programs at GoDuquesne.com.