Lake Erie College, a small, co-educational, four-year, independent liberal arts college located in Painesville, OH, 30 miles east of Cleveland, invites applications for graduate assistant, strength & conditioning/sport performance. Lake Erie College is an NCAA Division II program that competes in the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (GMAC). The graduate assistant is responsible for duties as assigned by the director and will manage a secondary responsibility as defined. One position is a twelve-month, two-year appointment, the other is a ten-month, two-year appointment, both pending successful evaluation at the end of year one.
• Works with coaches to establish programs for all 19 sports and the dance team.
• Supervises lifts, conditioning sessions, and other training events.
• Coordinates assigned teams’ training schedules.
• Assists with Sport Performance Programming (workshops, nutrition meetings/counseling, supplement education and review, etc.).
• Attends Sports Medicine Team meetings and receives injury reports.
• Establishes and maintains proper communication with sport coaches, athletic trainers, athletics staff and the strength & conditioning staff.
• Designs training programs and makes necessary modifications, when needed.
• Assists with the maintenance and upkeep of training facilities.
• Supervises weight room and maintains records.
• LEC Athletics to fund all continuing education.
• Projects and promotes an inclusive education with the highest standards, where student-athletes are empowered to leave lives of personal significance and professional success as global citizens.
• Acts as an ambassador of the College and conducts oneself in a positive manner to heighten the awareness of the institution to all of its constituents.
• Operates within the mission of the College and athletics department to ensure a full NCAA DII student-athlete experience.
• Follows all institutional, GMAC and NCAA regulations.
• Other duties as assigned by the director of athletics.
Bachelor’s degree in physical education, sports management or related field preferred.
Acceptance into a Lake Erie College graduate program required.
Must be certified by a nationally-recognized strength and conditioning program as per NCAA DII Bylaw 11.1.7 (ex: CSCS or CSCCA).
Knowledge of intercollegiate athletics, rules and regulations of athletic associations and conferences.
Knowledge and skill in using integrated software systems and Microsoft applications.
Qualified applicants will have the availability to work evenings and weekends, possess a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record and have the ability to travel for team practices and competition.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method for applications) or Graduate Assistant, Strength & Conditioning/Sport Performance Search, Lake Erie College, 391 W. Washington St., LEC Box 358, Painesville, OH 44077. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment. Learn more at https://www.lec.edu and http://www.lakeeriestorm.com. EOE
About Lake Erie College
Lake Erie College, founded in 1856, provides distinctive undergraduate and graduate programs grounded in the liberal arts. We empower students to deal with the diversity, complexity and change necessary to excel in the 21st century. We offer 35 undergraduate majors and master’s programs in business administration, education and physician assistant studies. Our students compete in 17 NCAA Division II varsity sports and on three intercollegiate equestrian teams.