Lake Erie College, a small, co-educational, four-year, independent liberal arts college located in Painesville, OH, 30 miles east of Cleveland, invites applications for the full-time position of head coach, women’s lacrosse. Lake Erie College is an NCAA Division II program that competes in the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (GMAC). The coach is responsible for recruiting and organization of the College’s women’s lacrosse program.
• Organizes, in conjunction with the director of athletics, all aspects of the women’s lacrosse program, including facility, competition, practice schedule and team operations.
• Serves as recruiter for the women’s lacrosse program, identifies and evaluates students who are a fit for the institution and organizes their recruitment in conjunction with the Office of Admission.
• Acts as an ambassador of the College and conducts oneself in a positive manner and to heighten the awareness of the institution to all of its constituents.
• Works closely with the promotional and fundraising efforts of the athletic department.
• Follows all institutional, G-MAC and NCAA regulations regarding women’s lacrosse in particular and athletics in general.
• Makes budgetary suggestions regarding the proper operations and staffing of the areas of responsibility.
• Projects and promotes an inclusive education with the highest standards where student-athletes are empowered to lead lives of personal significance and professional success as global citizens.
• Operates within the mission of the College and athletics department to ensure a full NCAA DII student-athlete experience.
• Builds successful relations with alumni.
• Other duties as assigned by the director of athletics.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Must have demonstrated ability to recruit prospective student-athletes.
Prior NCAA DII women’s lacrosse playing or coaching experience preferred.
Must have strong team-building and management skills.
Must have ability to work across academic and administrative departments in a cooperative manner.
Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to supervise respective staff, as well as understand the student-athletes' commitment to academics, is a must.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff and the community.
Ability to work effectively with a diverse student population.
Qualified applicants will have the availability to work evenings and weekends, possess a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record and the ability to travel for team practices, competition and recruiting.
Under the NCAA Bylaw 11.1.6 Sports-Safety Training, each head coach and all other coaches who are employed full time at an institution shall maintain current certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to: email@example.com (preferred method for applications) or Head Coach, Women’s Lacrosse Search, Lake Erie College, 391 W. Washington St., LEC Box 358, Painesville, OH 44077. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment. Learn more at https://www.lec.edu and http://www.lakeeriestorm.com. EOE
About Lake Erie College
Lake Erie College, founded in 1856, provides distinctive undergraduate and graduate programs grounded in the liberal arts. We empower students to deal with the diversity, complexity and change necessary to excel in the 21st century. We offer 35 undergraduate majors and master’s programs in business administration, education and physician assistant studies. Our students compete in 17 NCAA Division II varsity sports and on three intercollegiate equestrian teams.