The position of UWSP Assistant Football Coach reports directly to the Head Football Coach and indirectly to the Athletic Director. This position will be responsible for coaching a defensive position with linebacker coaching experience preferred, coordination of the defense, assisting with special team coordination, recruiting high-quality students to UWSP, monitoring of student-athlete academics, assisting with off-season training programs, assisting with camps & clinics, assisting with fund-raising and other duties assigned by either the Head Football Coach. The Athletic Director will also assign other Athletic Departmental duties to this position.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University
- At least 2 years of previous NFL / NCAA or NAIA college coaching experience
- Previous 2 year of NFL / NCAA or NAIA coaching experience as either:
o Defensive Line or Defensive Backs coach
- Previous recruiting experience at the DIII level or other NCAA / NAIA levels
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of and ability to learn HUDL, Front Rush, Excel and other recruiting software packages and applications
- Personal integrity & discipline associated with being a professional football coach
- Must be a self-starter with a high work ethic
- Must be a team-oriented person
- Master's Degree or higher
- CSCS / SCCC Certified or other NCAA recognized professional strength certification
- Extensive knowledge of defensive football in either defensive line or defensive back position
- Previous Special Teams Coordinator experience
- Previous Special Teams coaching experience at NFL / NCAA / NAIA levels
Communication / Leadership
- Ability to articulate & teach the game of football to players
- Demonstrated ability as a strong mentor or role model for players
- Proven commitment to and understanding of NCAA III intercollegiate athletics
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA and WIAC rules and regulations
- Previous regional recruiting experience in WI, IL, MI, MN, IA or other Midwest states.
- Previous experience leading Football Strength & Conditioning programs
- Ability to program, lead and instruct team strength & conditioning activities
Internal Number: 19-27LI120
About UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-STEVENS POINT
Division of Athletics. http://athletics.uwsp.edu/index.aspx?path.
Recently ranked in the Top 10 Public Universities in the Midwest by US News and World Report, UWSP provides challenging academics and a rich array of extra-curricular opportunities within a supportive regional community. Committed to developing global citizens, UWSP has a strong focus on sustainability, and engages the highest percentage of students in study abroad within the University of Wisconsin System. For more about UWSP visit: http://www.uwsp.edu
The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, part of the University of Wisconsin System, is a leading four-year comprehensive institution located in scenic Central Wisconsin. Approximately 9,300 students are enrolled with a student faculty ratio of 20:1 in the classroom. While primarily serving undergraduates through a variety of baccalaureate programs, UW-Stevens Point also offers several master's level graduate programs and an applied doctoral degree (Au.D.) in audiology. The 406-acre campus features state-of-the-art facilities and the Schmeeckle Nature Reserve. The university has a strong focus on sustainability initiatives... and has been named one of the nation’s green universities by The Princeton Review. The university is committed to creating a safe, inclusive learning community for all faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds. Visit www.uwsp.edu for more information about UW-Stevens Point.