Report to the Athletic Director and be responsible for recruitment, maintaining roster size, practice planning, game scheduling, travel arrangements, student-athlete academic and athletic performance, budget management, and the student-athlete experience of the Aquinas College Women’s Basketball Program.
Be responsible for the planning, organization and the on-going development of the athletic programming and activities of the program.
Be responsible for scheduling all practice, scrimmages, and games.
Be responsible for all travel and game requirements.
Be responsible for building a cohesive and competitive program.
Recruit academically and athletically qualified, full-time student-athletes to participate in the program.
Hire, train and evaluate the performance of assistant coaches
Promote the academic progress and graduation of student-athletes, including assisting with enforcement of a study program.
Assist athletic department in athletic issues as needed.
Abide by the rules and regulations of the league in which you will be competing.
Knowledge, Skills and Education Requirements:
1. Submit all required assignments on or before designated due dates.
2. Report any known violations or concerns to administration
3. Conform to all Athletic Department policies and procedures as required.
4. Represent Aquinas College and the Athletic Department as a team player, as a professional, and as a role model for all student-athletes.
5. Attend regularly scheduled Athletic Department Staff meetings.
6. Possess a valid CPR Certification
7. Possess a valid State of Michigan Driver’s License and be responsible for driving Aquinas College vehicles and/or rental vehicles when assigned for away contests.
8. Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred.
9. Have 3-5 years of advanced Basketball coaching experience. College coaching experience preferred.
10. Have strong service-oriented skills and the ability to have an exceptional customer service attitude.
11. Have strong communication and organizational skills and can demonstrate ability to work independently.
About Aquinas College
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Aquinas College is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive educational community rooted in the Catholic Dominican tradition. Aquinas College provides a liberal arts education with a global perspective, emphasizes career preparation focused on leadership and service to others, and fosters a commitment to lifelong learning dedicated to the pursuit of truth and the common good. Aquinas College values: Faith, Learning, Service and Community