The Deputy Athletics Director for External Operations is responsible for coordinating the external affairs of the department of athletics including development, marketing, and media relations. Primary emphasis will be on developing and cultivating donors and supporters for the athletic department.
1. Supervises and coordinates all external aspects of the athletic department (development, sponsorships, ticket sales, sports information, marketing, etc.)
2. Identifies and cultivates alumni, supporters, and friends that may have an interest in supporting Bearcat athletics and Northwest student-athletes
3. Works closely with the Director of Athletics to evaluate coaches and sport programs within the department
4. Works closely with the Director of Athletics, coaches, athletic staff, and University Advancement to develop needs, strategies, and campaigns.
5. Works with the Director of Athletics to develop, coordinate, and submit proposals to potential donors covering all aspects of University Athletics
6. Oversees athletic giving programs and special fundraising projects.
7. Assists the Vice President of External Relations and the Director of Athletics with special projects and all other duties as assigned (including various non-athletic University functions)
8. Serves as liaison between University Advancement and the Department of Athletics to ensure coordination and understanding
9. Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education: Bachelor's degree Experience: At least two years of experience in fundraising, athletic marketing, sales, or athletic administration Skills: Superior interpersonal, organizational, communication, management, and leadership skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Education: Master's degree Experience: Five years of experience in fundraising, athletic marketing, sales, or athletic administration
WORKING CONDITIONS: This position must work and travel nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary. This position must purchase and maintain a cellular device and service that will be used for work functions. This position must be responsible for plan choices, calling areas, service features, terminations clauses, and paying for all charges associated with the cellular device and service.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Requires leadership responsibilities, including working with staff and volunteers; will supervise the Assistant AD for Media Relations and Communications and the Assistant AD for Marketing, Licensing, and Promotions
EQUIPMENT/MATERIALS USED: Knowledge and experience with database management and using audio/visual and computer technologies are helpful
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to carry and set-up audio/visual equipment and ability to lift up to 20 pounds
About Northwest Missouri State University
Northwest Missouri State University is a Division II institution and a member of the Mid-America Athletics Association.
The main campus of Northwest Missouri State University is located in Maryville, Missouri, a community of 12,000 with a diverse economy, and a strong industrial base. Maryville is 90 miles north of Kansas City, Missouri. Northwest Missouri State University is a traditional resident-based campus with total enrollment over 7,200 students, which includes undergraduate and graduate students.
For more information visit www.nwmissouri.edu or www.bearcatsports.com.