The Assistant Women's Basketball Coach at Cameron University, an NCAA Division II institution in the Lone Star Conference, is a highly responsible and demanding position. The University has a winning tradition in athletics and is strongly supported by the local community. The Assistant Women's Basketball Coach position represents .75 (FTE) of the full-time assignment with the other .25 (FTE) reporting to the Athletic Director for project assignment. This is a 12-month assignment. All members of the Athletic Staff are expected to be team players supporting each other while promoting the mission of the University, supporting the philosophy of the Athletic Department, and assuring the well-being of all student athletes.
Job duties as Assistant Women's Basketball Coach include, but are not limited to:
* support and perform duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
* on-court instruction during practices and games.
* recruiting student athletes.
* active involvement in community service activities.
* assure the academic success of the student athletes.
* responsible for the daily maintenance and upkeep of the women's locker room within the Aggie Gym.
* responsible for the daily maintenance and upkeep of all basketball equipment.
* other duties as assigned.
Job duties as Special Assistant to Athletic Director include, but are not limited to:
* assist Athletic Director on specific projects.
* bachelor's degree.
* college, graduate assistant or high school coaching experience.
* strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* demonstrated organizational and management abillity.
* strong work ethic with a team player's positive attitude.
* master's degree.
* coaching experience at the college level.
All applicants must apply online at www.cameron.edu.
Position will remain open until filled, but only applications submitted prior to April 1 will be guaranteed full consideration.
Internal Number: B1700G
About Cameron University
Cameron University (www.cameron.edu) is a state-supported regional institution located in Lawton, Oklahoma, that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. Dedicated to excellence, the university provides a wide range of economic, cultural, and educational opportunities for the betterment of all citizens. Master's-level graduate degrees are offered in business, behavioral sciences, and education; baccalaureate programs are offered in more than forty disciplines, and associate degrees are offered in many other studies. The close proximity of Fort Sill contributes to an area rich in cultural diversity and provides the opportunity for frequent cooperative efforts. The combined community of Lawton/Fort Sill has a population of more than 100,000 and is located adjacent to the picturesque Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. A copy of the University’s Annual Security Report, listing crime statistics and university policies, is available by contacting the Office of Public Safety or by accessing the report online at www.cameron.edu/ops.