Quinnipiac University's Department of Athletics seeks applications for an Assistant Coach, Women's Volleyball to assist in program management, including coaching, administration, recruitment and coordination of a collegiate Division I Women’s Volleyball program.
· Coach student-athletes, maintain a safe and challenging environment that will challenge and develop the physical, mental, and personal abilities of student athletes
· Administer and manage all phases of a competitive Division I Women’s Volleyball Program
· Assist with recruiting (on and off campus as assigned), scheduling, budget administration and team promotion
· Assist in the future development of Women’s Volleyball alumni and community relations
· Assist the Head Coach with daily/weekly/seasonal practice planning and scheduling of games
· Participate in marketing and promotional activity planning and execution
· Adhere to the highest standards of academic integrity and work in compliance with all University, MAAC, and NCAA rules and regulations
· Extensive weekend travel and supervision is required
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor's degree required
· 3-5 years previous volleyball coaching or playing experience
· Proven aptitude for coaching as illustrated by a strong work ethic, organizational skills and the ability to interact professionally within the department, the campus, and the national volleyball community
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to manage a 2-3 hour practice
· Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
· Ability to work nights and weekends
· Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and/or a commitment to diversity and inclusion
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.