North Park University, a member of the nationally recognized College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin, would like to announce that applications are now being accepted for the position of Graduate Assistant, Men’s Volleyball and Graduate Assistant, Women’s Volleyball for the 2019-2020 school year. The two-year assistantships will begin in August 2019 and include tuition remission, a meal plan, and an annual stipend.
• Analyze performance and instruct athletes in volleyball techniques and strategies in preparation for and during athletics competition.
• Assists the head coach in the coordination of administrative areas of program management including, but not limited to, scheduling of competitions and practices, travel plans, and equipment.
• Assist program with all phases of competitive NCAA and CCIW compliant recruiting.
• Assist with monitoring academic progress of all student-athletes on the team, in connection with the coaching staff, compliance coordinator and athletic director.
• Execute practice and tournament planning/evaluation, including video coordination and breakdown.
• Complete other duties as assigned by the head coach, associate athletic directors, and the athletic director.
A bachelor’s degree is required.
Applicants must be able to work an untraditional work schedule (i.e. frequent nights and weekends).
Applicant must obtain acceptance in North Park University graduate program and have a personal commitment to North Park’s mission of Christian higher education.
Coaching experience or playing experience and extensive knowledge of the sport of volleyball at the intercollegiate level is required.
A valid driver’s license is required.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to be considered a candidate for this position, please send a letter of interest, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references to: North Park University, Michael Sopocy, Head Volleyball Coach, 3225 W. Foster Avenue, Chicago, IL 60625, E-mail email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
About North Park University
North Park University is located on Chicago's north side and enrolls more than 3,100 students from around the country and the world. At North Park, excellence implies not only a deep tradition in the liberal arts and the Christian faith, but also a spirit of innovation, reaching out to serve and to learn from the dynamic community around us. Cultural study centers enrich the life of the campus and connect us to the diverse people of Chicago whose roots extend around the globe. Graduate and special undergraduate programs bring adult, working professionals to the campus on evenings and weekends, enhancing the University's resources in the liberal arts as well as in specialized areas such as business, the health sciences, and education.