The Assistant Coach, Indoor Volleyball, assists the Head Coach in providing leadership for a NCAA Division I program. Assists with all aspects of the program and plays an integral part in the day-to-day administrative responsibilities, daily team training, evaluation and recruitment of student-athletes, academic monitoring, and skill development.
This position must work within UNCW, CAA, and NCAA guidelines to provide student-athletes an exceptional collegiate experience while competing for championships.
UNCW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
• Bachelor’s Degree with two years of coaching experience.
• Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
• Demonstrated leadership and communication skills along with strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• Must possess the highest level of ethical standards, recruit qualified student-athletes, and display a strong commitment to their academic success.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
• Current certifications in CPR and First Aid or must obtain these certifications within the first 30 days of employment.
•Must possess and maintain a current driver’s license and maintain a satisfactory driving record while serving in the position.
Master’s Degree with Division I coaching experience.
Demonstrated success in recruitment of scholarship athletes.
Internal Number: 3075
About University of North Carolina Wilmington
The University of North Carolina Wilmington, the state’s coastal university, is dedicated to learning through the integration of teaching and mentoring with research and service. A public institution with nearly 17,000 students, the university is known for its superb faculty and staff and powerful academic experience. With an array of high-quality programs at the baccalaureate and master’s levels, and doctoral programs in marine biology, educational leadership, psychology and nursing practice. UNCW is consistently recognized at a national level for academic excellence and affordability by publications like U.S. News & World Report, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance and The Business Journals. UNCW also recently earned the 2015 Community Engagement Classification from the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, bestowed to higher education institutions dedicated to community involvement.