Quinnipiac University's Athletics Department seeks applications for an Assistant Coach, Women's Rugby to assist in program management including coaching, administration, recruitment and coordination of a collegiate Women’s Rugby program.
· Coach student-athletes during team practices as well as home and away contests
· Assist with recruiting (on and off campus as assigned), scheduling, budget administration and team promotion
· Assist in the future development of Women’s Rugby alumni and community relations
· Assist the Head Coach with daily/weekly/seasonal practice planning
· Adhere to the highest standards of academic integrity and work in compliance with all University, NCAA, MAAC Conference, ECAC Conference and National Intercollegiate Rugby Association rules and regulations
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor's degree required
· Master's degree preferred
· 2-3 years of rugby coaching experience (collegiate-level preferred) and/or collegiate playing experience
· Rugby skills
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Strong organizational, interpersonal, and computer skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Ability to manage a 2-3 hour practice
· Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
· Ability to work nights and weekends
· Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and/or a commitment to diversity and inclusion
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.