Job Summary: The position is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing a comprehensive development program for the athletics department. Reporting to the Lamar University Athletic Director, specific responsibilities include:
1. Responsible for securing private support for the University’s athletics programs through cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, with an emphasis on major gifts.
2. Provide broad oversight for the operations of the Cardinal Club, and Lettermen’s Club activities.
3. Provide direct supervision for the Coordinator of Athletics Development
4. Work in conjunction with other University Foundation development team members and the Director of Athletics, to identify strategies and events for building affinity for Lamar University Athletics.
5. Provide ongoing development efforts for the University’s NCAA sports teams.
6. Oversee major athletics fundraising and stewardship events.
7. Coordinate alumni and donor events with the Lamar University Alumni Association.
8. Attend and participate at University, alumni, athletics and public relations events (both on and off campus) to enhance the development program of the Athletics Department.
9. Perform any additional duties as requested by the Director of Athletics.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 2-3 years of successful fundraising experience in education/athletics setting required.
- Experience in conducting successful personal solicitations for annual and major gifts required.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, exhibit professionalism and ability to oversee multiple projects required.
- Demonstrate competence in oral and written communication required.
- Proficiency with basic office software and the ability to lean new programs required.
- Able to tolerate flexible work hours-nights and weekends.
- Able to tolerate stressful situations.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules required; strict adherence to establish NCAA, Southland Conference, Texas State University System and Lamar University rules and regulations required.
- Master's degree preferred.
Internal Number: 20111706
About Lamar University Athletics
Located in Beaumont, Texas, Lamar University is 80 miles from Houston, 40 miles from the Gulf Coast beaches, 30 miles from Louisiana, and 70 miles from the Texas lakes region. The area's subtropical climate produces mild winters that allow for year-round outdoor activity. Lamar University is unique in that it enjoys close ties with the greater community. Students experience direct involvement in the city's civic, business and cultural opportunities.