Wichita State University - Intercollegiate Athletic Association, Inc. (ICAA), located in Kansas, is a member of the American Athletic Conference and sponsor of 15 Division I sports, is seeking applications for Graduate Assistants for the 2019-2020 academic year in the following areas:
1) Communications – This position will be the primary sport contact for selected sports in the communications office. Responsibilities include writing news releases, maintaining statistics and records, creating fact books, assisting with social media accounts and serving as the liaison between the media and the sport programs.
2) Marketing – This position will be the primary sport contact for selected sports in the marketing office. Responsibilities include the development and implementation of individual sport marketing plans, assist with overall marketing strategy and game day presentation, assist with game day sponsor fulfillment and promotion.
3) Creative – This position will assist the communications staff with sport specific social media accounts. Responsibilities include production of creative content (video content, graphic design) and other duties as assigned.
4) Academic Services – This position will assist with operations in the Athletic Student Services department. Responsibilities include mentoring at-risk student-athletes on a weekly basis, help recruit and hire all subject tutors, and assist student-athlete communication by coordinating tutor appointments.
5) Shocker LIFE – This position will assist with operations in the Student-Athlete Development program. Responsibilities include organizing and tracking community service for all student-athletes, assist student-athletes with career development and exploration, and creating weekly emails highlighting past, current, and future information and events.
6) Development – This position is responsible for assisting in the athletics development and SASO offices. Responsibilities include assisting with annual fund requirements, donor relations, operations for various booster events and fundraisers, managing hospitality rooms for ticketed sports, overseeing interns, and assisting in daily operations of the department.
Other duties as assigned.
Graduate positions include a monthly stipend plus tuition, books and fees for nine (9) graduate school hours per semester.
All applications must be received at the following link: https://jobs.wichita.edu/postings/15029. A cover letter is required with the application indicating the GA area of interest. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until positions are filled. Preference will be given to applicants with prior experience in the position applied for.
Employees agrees to abide by all applicable rules, regulation and legislation of the ICAA, Wichita State University, the American Athletics Conference and the National Collegiate Athletic Association.
ICAA does not discriminate in its employment practices, educational programs or activities on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a veteran. Retaliation against an individual filing or cooperating in a complaint process is also prohibited. Sexual misconduct, relationship violence and stalking are forms of sex discrimination and are prohibited under Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972. Complaints or concerns related to alleged discrimination may be directed to the Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Equal and Compliance or the Title IX Coordinator, Wichita State University, 1845 Fairmount, Wichita KS 67260-0138; telephone (316) 978-3187.
Employment is contingent upon acceptance of admission to the Graduate School.
Additional Salary Information: Graduate positions include a monthly stipend plus tuition, books and fees for nine (9) graduate school hours per semester.
About Wichita State University Intercollegiate Athletic Association, Inc. (ICAA)
Wichita State University is a member of the American Athletic Conference and sponsors 15 Division I sports