This position serves as the primary in house graphic designer and creative content producer for UAB Athletics. Position reports to Associate Athletics Director for Marketing and is an integral part of the external team. Individual will be asked to manage the athletics brand, provide video and photographic services for the athletic department, and assist with digital marketing, digital media, and social media initiatives.
Duties include the following:
• Work collaboratively with external team to coordinate and produce all video content for promotional and branding purposes. Projects include hype videos, spirit elements, social media interactives, website features, etc.
• Primary content creator for in-venue production team.
• Develop new ways to promote the 18 athletic teams and the department's mission statement while taking advantage of emerging technology. Stay current on graphics trends and techniques to the sports design industry, and learn and incorporate them at UAB.
• Assist with overarching sports marketing, communication, public relation campaigns, and sales campaigns.
• Assist with the creation of marketing, communication, and creative content to engage with fans.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, graphic arts/design, media, marketing or related field and three (3) years of related work experience required. Work experience may substitute for education requirement. Proficiency required in Adobe Creative Suite and Video production software including but not limited to Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Final Cut Pro X along with knowledge of digital and DSLR camera equipment.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated professional experience with managing written and visual content for a variety of platforms. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as content management experience. Must have outstanding work ethic and strict attention to detail. Creativity and strong passion for sports preferred.
Applications accepted immediately and will be reviewed upon submission. Any interested persons must apply directly to the UAB HR website, no materials will be accepted via email. Reference number for this position is T58888.
UAB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and family-friendly environment in which all faculty and staff can excel and achieve work/life balance irrespective of ethnicity, gender, faith, gender identity and expression as well as sexual orientation. UAB also encourages applications from individuals with disabilities and veterans.
Internal Number: T58888
Known for its innovative and interdisciplinary approach to education at both the graduate and undergraduate levels, the University of Alabama at Birmingham is an internationally renowned research university and academic medical center and the state of Alabama’s largest single employer, with an economic impact exceeding $7 billion annually on the state.