Mercyhurst University is accepting applications for Head Women’s Bowling Coach of a newly created program set to compete in 2019-20. The selected candidate will be responsible for the operation of all facets of a successful Division II women’s bowling program. Duties include, but are not limited to, effective coaching and student-athlete development; recruiting, retaining and graduating student-athletes; timely planning of and working within a balanced budget; scheduling and conducting practices and competitions; staff supervision; community engagement activities; alumni engagement; and fundraising initiatives. The position will interact with various constituency groups both internal and external to the University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that the Mercyhurst University bowling program conforms with the standards and requirements of the university, the NCAA and USBC guidelines
• Organize and conduct a recruitment program that will also retain qualified student-athletes at the collegiate level
• Team with the admissions and student financial services departments in a coordinated effort to attract student-athletes
• Supervise student-athletes’ academic, personal and athletic development
• Plan practices and meet preparation
• Manage the bowling budget
• Promoting the bowling program to the public
• Other duties as assigned
Mercyhurst University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages members of diverse groups to apply.
Experience as a participant and demonstrated in-depth knowledge and understanding of the sport of bowling
Excellent communication and organizational skills required
Knowledge of college recruitment guidelines
Experience and ability in budget development and management
Demonstrated leadership and mentorship qualities
About Mercyhurst University
Mercyhurst is a four-year, Catholic, liberal arts university founded in 1926. More than 50 undergraduate majors, with 67 concentrations, as well as unique adult programs and eight graduate degrees are available at the university.