This position directs all aspects of the University NCAA rules education and compliance program.
The position acts as the University liaison with the NCAA and affiliated conference, and outside constituent groups regarding rules interpretations and compliance issues.
It interacts effectively with general counsel and the athletic department coaches and staff, student-athletes, university faculty & staff, administration, and outside entities to ensure rules compliance through the development and dissemination of rules education programs, and the documentation, monitoring, and oversight of relevant activities. This position reports to the Office of General Counsel.
- 3+ years of compliance, legal, or higher education work experience
- NCAA Division I compliance experience
- Experience with making administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues
- Demonstrated computer and organizational skills
- Knowledge of the rules, regulations, and laws regarding student records
Master’s degree or Juris Doctorate Degree
- 3-4 years of Division I compliance experience/administration
- NCAA Compliance Software expertise
- Ability to operate effectively in a competitive atmosphere
- Ability to establish good rapport with administration, coaches, faculty, staff, and student-athletes
- Personal and professional integrity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of NCAA and affiliated conference rules regarding the collection and retention of student-athlete enrollment data
- Ability to effectively utilize computerized student information systems and NCAACompliance Assistance software
- Comprehensive working knowledge of university-level student registration policies, regulations, procedures, and standards
About University of Idaho
Since 1889, the University of Idaho has provided motivated students with a transformative higher education experience that prepares them to solve real-world problems and achieve success in their lives and careers. Beginning with our beautiful residential campus in Moscow, the university’s reach extends throughout Idaho, serving over 12,000 students with educational centers in Coeur d’Alene, Boise and Idaho Falls, a research and extension center in Twin Falls, plus Extension offices in 42 counties. One of the nation’s land-grant research universities, U of I is a noted national leader in student-centered learning and interdisciplinary research that promotes public service. Our work serves businesses and communities, advancing the pursuit of diversity, citizenship and global outreach.