Position assists the conference office with management of digital media responsibilities including; website updates, editing photography, creation of graphics, creation of video content, assist with live video streaming and social media integration. Reports to the Associate Commissioner.
Responsibilities: • Serve as a member of the conference’s athletics communications team.
• Produce, shoot and edit video content to be shared via USASouth.net and across USA South’s several social media platforms, including but not limited to: feature stories, postgame and/or post tournament interviews, press conferences and postgame and/or post tournament highlight packages
• Assist in the overall communications efforts including website maintenance, graphic design, photo editing and social media.
• Assist in the Conference’s awards program through the use of video, graphics and photo editing.
• Travel to member institutions and Conference Tournaments as appropriate.
• Conduct activities in accordance with all USA South and NCAA rules and regulations.
• Positively represent the USA South brand to all constituencies.
• Contribute to the overall success of the USA South Athletic Conference by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Produce weekly graphics for, but not limited to: general releases, award recognition and social media initiatives.
• Produce graphics for Conference post-season events which include tournament seeding releases, tournament previews, game-by-game final score graphics and unique champions logos to be used on apparel.
Knowledge and Skills: • Previous experience with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro or similar video editing software required. • Expert communication skills, both written and verbal, are required. • Teamwork, a positive attitude and a desire to work in a fast-paced, highly-successful Division III athletic conference office is a must. • Previous experience in a collegiate athletics department is preferred. • Previous experience with graphic design and photo editing using Adobe Photoshop and InDesign is required. • Familiarity and experience using social media outlets (YouTube, Twitter and Instagram) is required along with the willingness to use them to create new and exciting initiatives to enhance the USA South brand. • Applicant shall be self-motivated, creative, positive, energetic, willing to travel occasionally, and foster a team environment.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred. Demonstrated experience with digital media preferred.
Application Procedure: Please submit a letter of application, resume and names and phone numbers of three professional references to: Dr. Tom Hart, Commissioner, USA South Athletic Conference, P.O. Box 527, Rome GA 30162 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin December 1st, 2018 and continue until position is filled.
The USA South is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Telecommuting is allowed.
Additional Salary Information: This is a part time position. Benefits are not included. While telecommuting is expected, immediate access to southeast portion of the United States is desirable.