This position reports to the Director of Athletics and is a NCAA Division II intercollegiate men’s golf program in compliance with all NCAA, Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference and institutional rules and regulations.
This is a non-full-time position. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, coordinating the successful recruitment of prospective student-athletes, academic support, skill instruction, practice/game planning and execution, and the primary supervision of the program.
1. Coach a competitive Men’s Golf program which meets annually established goals in a manner which promotes sportsmanship among athletes and ensures compliance with all NCAA, Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference, and institutional rules and regulations.
2. Recruit outstanding student athletes to participate in the athletic program that fit the academic profile of the institution and are good citizens on campus and in the community.
3. Enthusiastically promote Minot State University academic and athletic programs to potential students, parents, guidance counselors and media. Ensure that players associated with the Men’s Golf program are eligible under NCAA DII and Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference regulations.
4. Effectively prepare, submit, and oversee sound budgets. Ensure expenditures remain within budgets.
5. Work cooperatively with the athletic administrative team to ensure that equipment is issued and retrieved on a timely basis and facilities and students are scheduled appropriately to ensure smooth practices and home events.
6. Work cooperatively with the athletic administrative team to effectively contribute to monitoring student athlete academic progress, encouraging high standards, and counseling the University athlete as appropriate.
7. Share the Minot State University vision, and promote public awareness of Minot State University, its Men’s Golf programs, athletics, and academics, with emphasis on public relations. Participate enthusiastically in fundraising efforts.
8. Effectively supervise assistant coaches, student athletes, and student assistants to result in a competitive, ethical program.
9. Effectively recruit, hire, evaluate and motivate employees, ensuring that hiring and supervisory practices are in compliance with the spirit and intent of EEO/AA and other policies contained within the University’s employee and policy manuals.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is best filled by an individual with an undergraduate degree, Bachelor’s preferred, and playing and/or coaching experience in either a professional or University environment. Five years’ experience coaching in a competitive Men’s Golf program preferred.
Located in north central North Dakota, Minot State University is a place where east meets west. Nestled on the northern edge of the Mouse River Valley, the campus stands at the heart of the "Magic City."
The city of Minot - nicknamed the "Magic City" for its phenomenal growth during the early 1900s - is a regional center for commerce, culture, healthcare, agribusiness and industry. Minot is home to Minot Air Force Base and is a key service provider in the burgeoning Bakken oil play that's made North Dakota's economy one of the strongest in the United States.
Vision 2013 is the map that navigates the success of MSU. Offering more than 60 undergraduate majors and several graduate degrees, we've positioned ourselves to meet growth in fields such as criminal justice, education, management, nursing, social work, the sciences, energy economics and finance and management information systems. Graduates from our master's program in speech-language pathology are highly sought after.
We provide students an exceptional education at one of the most affordable prices in the nation. We are committed to individual student success: with a student-teacher ratio of 14:1, class sizes are opti...mal for hands on learning. We encourage student involvement in research; we emphasize campus and community engagement; and our strong athletic programs participate in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference in the NCAA Division II.
MSU is an international campus, with students from 28 countries - many from Canada. Most U.S. students hail from North Dakota, Montana and Minnesota. Nearly all 50 states and several Native American tribes are represented in our student body and on our faculty. In return, we have a strong study abroad program allowing MSU students to study nearly anywhere in the world.
Minot State University: A place to have the experience of a lifetime.