Assistant Athletic Director Marketing & Promotions
Florida Atlantic University
October 5, 2018
Boca Raton, Florida
Full-time - Experienced
Operations, Operations - Marketing/Promotions
4 Year Degree
Florida Atlantic University Athletics External Relations is seeking an Assistant Athletic Director Marketing and Promotions, Boca Raton, FL
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
The Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing and Promotions reports to the Senior Associate AD for External Relations with duties that include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and executing annual marketing plans for all assigned sports/events.
- Creating and implementing marketing strategies to help increase attendance and revenue for FAU Athletics, as well as enhance the fan experience and game day atmosphere for home contests.
- Developing event scripts for home contests, and assisting with various game day functions for assigned sports.
- Increasing engagement with both the campus and community in an effort to grow support.
- Coordinating all advertising and media buys, along with print and digital collateral design (posters, schedule cards, etc.). Assisting with the fulfillment of sold inventory by Florida Atlantic Sports Properties, the 3rd Party Multimedia Rights Holder for FAU Athletics.
- Designing and implementing all marketing activities for C- USA and NCAA Championship events hosted by FAU.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution and four years of experience in the areas of marketing, promotions and fan experience required.
Prior experience in the collegiate environment preferred.
Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and meet deadlines required.
Ability to maintain positive relationships with external and internal constituencies and provide excellent customer service required.
Must possess strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
Experience working with Adobe Creative software (I.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) required.
Must have working knowledge of MS software (I.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Familiarity with C-USA and NCAA rules and regulations preferred.
Internal Number: REQ04800
About Florida Atlantic University
Florida Atlantic University is a public research university with multiple campuses along the southeast Florida coast serving a uniquely diverse community. Today, the University serves more than 28,000 undergraduate and graduate students. FAU is the employer of choice to over 4,000 full and part time employees.