Ashland University is an NCAA Division II institution that competes in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC), one of the most highly respected NCAA Division II conferences in the country. Ashland University offers a comprehensive 23-sport athletic program. The university is located off of Interstate 71 in Ashland, Ohio, midway between Cleveland and Columbus.
Position Summary: Ashland University is seeking applications for the position of Assistant Women's Lacrosse Coach. This is a full-time position that reports directly to the Head Women's Lacrosse Coach and Director of Athletics.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teaches proper technique and skill development in various aspects of lacrosse. Candidates should have a complete and thorough understanding of the sport and be able to instruct student-athletes in small group and one-on-one settings.
• Well-versed and able to instruct student-athletes on physical health, team concepts and team building exercises, team development techniques, and safety.
• Assists the head coach in scouting opponents, film study, and match preparation.
• Thorough understanding of NCAA and GLIAC rules and regulations is required. The assistant coach must adhere to these rules and help the head coach ensure that the program is in compliance with all rules, regulations, and guidelines. The ability to articulate these to student athletes is also required.
• An understanding of Ashland University's mission and goals is required. Applicants must have the ability to explain these to student-athletes.
• Requires the ability to recruit potential student-athletes. The assistant coach will work in tandem with the head coach in meeting all Ashland University roster requirements.
• Assists the head coach in monitoring academic progress of all student-athletes on the team and working with various constituencies across campus to ensure that student-athletes receive the proper academic counseling and assistance.
• Assists the head coach in practice and game preparation, including team travel responsibilities.
• Helps the head coach with scouting responsibilities.
• Other responsibilities assigned by the Director of Athletics and Head Women's Lacrosse Coach.
Bachelor's degree is required.
Previous coaching and/or playing experience on the high school and college level is highly desired.
Must have the ability to successfully impart knowledge of lacrosse fundamentals and playing techniques.
The ability to identify and recruit student-athletes is required.
This position requires well-developed communication skills, as well as strong time management and organizational skills.
Ability to work weekends and evenings is required. This position requires extensive travel, both in recruiting and to games.
About Ashland University
Ashland University is a NCAA Division II institution of more than 2,000 undergraduate students in Ashland, Ohio, a community of 22,000. The Athletic Department presently sponsors a broad-based 23 sports program and successfully competes as an NCAA Division II member in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.