The America East Conference is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Commissioner for Compliance & Governance. America East is an NCAA Division I conference composed of nine member institutions with headquarters in the vibrant Seaport District of downtown Boston, MA.
• Primary administrator of the conference’s compliance program, including but not limited to: education, interpretations, compliance reviews, processing of and assistance with waivers and rules violations, National Letter of Intent, NCAA Coaches Certification Exam, and oversight of the NCAA student funds.
• Manage student-athlete academic issues and programs, including NCAA academic performance data (e.g., APR, GSR) and the conference academic awards program.
• Coordinate and manage NCAA legislation and governance issues and strategy.
• Regularly disseminate NCAA legislation governance communications to the membership.
• Primary liaison to conference representatives serving on NCAA governance committees.
• Coordinate conference nominations for NCAA committees.
• Manage the conference’s constitution and bylaws.
• Assist in preparation for conference meetings (e.g., Board of Presidents, Administration Group, coaches).
• Recording secretary at all key conference governance meetings.
• Primary liaison to compliance administrators; faculty athletics representatives; and academic advisors.
• Other duties and projects as assigned by the Commissioner.
• Some evening and weekend work is required.
• The successful candidate also has an opportunity to be involved in the following areas: championships and sport administration for select sport(s) and other areas as determined by the candidate’s experience and expertise.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (as a PDF document) to the America East Conference via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications missing any of the above items will not be considered. Women and ethnic minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The America East provides its member schools and their athletic programs a platform upon which student-athletes can achieve both collegiate and life success through the promotion and nurturing of athletic excellence, academic achievement and leadership, on and off the field.