James Madison University, a Division I member of the NCAA and Colonial Athletic Association, is accepting applications for an Athletics Facilities Coordinator / Aquatics Manager to serve as a facilities representative in assigned athletic facilities. This position is full-time and includes benefits.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- General supervision for assigned athletic facilities including but not limited to: scheduling lights, opening/closing facility, receiving and taking inventory of equipment, maintaining the appearance, functionality and safe condition.
- Perform comprehensive planned maintenance for Athletics Aquatics Facilities.
- Ensure that all assigned athletic facilities are properly prepared for daily use performing such tasks as: painting lines, setting up tables/chairs and setting up game equipment, sound system, seating, etc.
- Perform preparation and reporting of routine and non-routine maintenance and repair via work orders for facilities and facilities-related equipment; oversee improvement projects within assigned facilities.
- Work in support of assigned varsity game day operations and special events including pre-event set-up, in-event operation and post-event take down.
- Perform general supervision of student facilities staff.
- Understand and practice all university safety procedures.
- Assist with unassigned facilities and related events as needed.
- Will be expected to provide support and game-day coverage for other athletic/special events when requested.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant institutional, CAA and NCAA rules.
- Will involve working evenings, weekends and holidays when needed.
- Must be at least 19 years old with a valid driver’s license.
- Must have working knowledge of facility maintenance methods and techniques, and general working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing.
- Must have pool operator experience and extensive working knowledge of pool, whirlpool and hot tub maintenance and health standards.
- Must have knowledge of risk management and possess excellent written, interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Ability to obtain (training will be provided): NSPF COP certification, forklift certification, hydraulic life operation certification and OSHA certification. Ability to move relatively heavy objects and moderate lifting of 20-50 lbs. is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Prior experience working within athletics or recreational facilities and prior experience in painting/lining fields.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity: (540) 568-6991.