The full-time, 10-month, Head Baseball Coach is responsible for planning and directing the recruitment, conditioning, training, and performance of student athletes, along with fiscal program management, for Newbury College’s NCAA Division III intercollegiate baseball program. This position reports to the Director of Athletics. This is a professional head coaching position and all of the duties of the position must be conducted in adherence with the policies, rules, and regulations of the NCAA, NECC and the College.
• Directs assigned Assistant Coaches in the overall planning and execution of the intercollegiate baseball program.
• Recruits quality prospective student-athletes and ensures timely submission of their academic records for admissions.
• Monitors academic progress and status of team members, implementing action plans through appropriate staff when needed.
• Monitors and maintains the discipline and conduct of student athletes to support the image and reputation of the athletics program.
• Plans coaching and practice sessions in accordance with NCAA and Conference regulations.
• Coach team members individually and in groups, and demonstrate game techniques.
• Develops and implements game strategy and position assignments.
• Oversees the strength and conditioning programs for baseball student-athletes.
• Manages all operational, fiscal, and administrative activities for the specific sports program.
• Ensures adherence to all Conference, and College rules by athletes and supporting staff.
• This position will serve as home events manager for Fall and Winter sports as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
This position requires at least three years of intercollegiate coaching experience, preferably as a head coach, and a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field. Master’s degree is preferred.
Interested and qualified candidates are asked to send a resume, cover letter and list of three references to Jonathan Harper, Director of Athletics at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no calls.
About Newbury College
Newbury is an undergraduate college that integrates career education with the study of liberal arts. We endeavor to graduate students who are professionally competent, ethically aware, socially responsible, and prepared for lifelong learning. The College features small classes and is seeking faculty and staff members who have a proven commitment to higher education. Newbury's campus is nestled in a desirable city neighborhood just minutes away from downtown Boston's educational, cultural and social attractions. Newbury College strives to create a welcoming and supportive environment for our community. We are committed to the development of our faculty and staff and acknowledge that you are critical to our students' success and the delivery of our mission.