Purdue University Fort Wayne invites applications for an Assistant Track Coach for Athletics. The position will: • Assist the Head Track Coach with the management of a viable NCAA Division I track program for Purdue Fort Wayne
• Coach during team/individual practices and competitions
• Independently be responsible for managing specific areas of sprint, jumping, and field events
• Evaluate participant behavior within team guidelines and expectations
• Formulate and develop practice plans
• Supervise strength training programs and other fitness/health training programs
• Direct areas of competition
• Lead pre-meet warm-up and track opponent information
• Recommend track meet contest adjustments/contribute relevant information during the meet
• Responsible for the recruitment of athletes who have demonstrated academic and athletic ability; direct recruiting visits and the development of recruiting materials
• Serve as an instructor for HPER classes for the School of Education; teach one or more HPER classes a year
• Participate in development activities; solicit funds, make presentations, organize and direct fund-raising events
• Promote department by participating in campus and community functions, booster club, camps and clinics
• Assist with administrative duties as assigned; participate in departmental meetings, etc.
Policies and Procedures:
• Be familiar with and demonstrate the ability to understand all NCAA bylaws, Summit League regulations, and Purdue Fort Wayne academic policies and procedures. Develop, implement and communicate departmental policies and procedures that reflect said rules.
• Subject to NCAA Bylaw 11.2.1, violation of NCAA regulations shall be subject to disciplinary or corrective action as set forth in the provisions of the NCAA enforcement procedures, including suspension without pay or termination of employment for significant or repetitive violations
• Bachelor's degree
• One year successful collegiate coaching and extensive recruiting experience
• Working knowledge of NCAA rules
• Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Record of integrity and leadership to advance the goals of the Purdue Fort Wayne Department of Athletics including fundraising and a commitment to the academic success and graduation of student-athletes
• Ability to effectively relate to diverse constituents including students, student-athletes, faculty and general public
• Strong supervisory and public relations skills
• Must have the ability to develop and implement a successful recruitment program and be able to demonstrate leadership and coaching skills
• Must be able to organize and instruct health, physical education and recreation (HPER) courses
• Must have a valid driver's license and remain in compliance with the Purdue University Motor Vehicle Records Policy
• Familiarity with Indiana high school cross country and track programs
• Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications should include a cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references.
• Employment is contingent on a satisfactory background records check and a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check. To read and understand the guidelines of the motor vehicle records verification please refer to the following link:
• Each position is posted online for a minimum of five (5) business days and may be posted longer. Some positions include a deadline, others do not. When the position is removed from the posting website this indicates that Purdue University Fort Wayne is no longer accepting new applicants and applications, resumes, etc. will no longer be received. It is the applicant's responsibility to maintain awareness of the current job postings and submit their information for review prior to the posting being removed. • Any correspondence from Purdue University Fort Wayne Human Resources will be conducted through time sensitive e-mails sent to the e-mail address that was provided by the applicant.
• Once the applicant submits their information for review an e-mail confirming the receipt of the on-line application will be sent to the e-mail address the applicant provided. Depending on the number of applications received and the department's search process, it may be several weeks before an outcome is known. If the applicant is not selected for an interview and the job is filled, the applicant will receive an automated e-mail message relating the filled status of the position.
• FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
• Retirement Eligibility: Purdue Retirement Plan - Three Year Waiting Period
To be considered for this position, you must apply online at https://pfw.edu/hr-careers
Purdue University Fort Wayne seeks to develop and nurture its diversity. Purdue Fort Wayne is committed to maintaining an inclusive community that recognizes and values the inherent worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect. Purdue Fort Wayne is an EEO/AA employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
About Purdue Fort Wayne
Purdue Fort Wayne. Learning toward tomorrow.Education in action. That's your degree at Purdue Fort Wayne (PFW).Learning starts in the classroom, but continues with the kind of hands-on experience that employers want.Grasp the theory behind why things work, then discover the reality of how they work through projects, research opportunities, internships, and field experience. Small classes taught by top professors put you on a first-name basis with experts in your field, and builds contacts that last throughout your career.Prepare for your life. Your degree is waiting for you here at PFW.