The America East Conference is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Director of Operations. America East is an NCAA Division I conference composed of nine member institutions with headquarters in the vibrant Seaport District of downtown Boston, MA.
• Assist with office management including, but not limited to, coordinating the office calendar, maintaining supply inventory and workroom space and coordinating mailings.
• Serve as the secondary contact and be involved in all aspects of conference meeting planning.
• Coordinate special projects and office activities.
• Assist in the general administration of championships and sport administration operations.
• Assist with student-athlete engagement and conference outreach initiatives.
• Provide administrative support to the Commissioner and staff.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Evenings and weekends are required at various points during the year.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (as a PDF document) via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications missing any of the above items will not be considered. Women and ethnic minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Bachelor’s degree required. • Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required. • Ability to effectively work with internal and external colleagues. • Capacity to successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines through the use effective time management and organizational skills. • Demonstrated interest in working in a collaborative and creative environment. • Commitment to the complete student-athlete experience.
The America East provides its member schools and their athletic programs a platform upon which student-athletes can achieve both collegiate and life success through the promotion and nurturing of athletic excellence, academic achievement and leadership, on and off the field.