Experienced writer/editor who helps drive content to online and print platforms, including usatriathlon.org, Multisport Zone weekly e-newsletter, social networks, USA Triathlon Magazine and other communication vehicles. Effectively engages with both digital and print audiences and sources knowledgeable writers to fill specific story needs.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Manages editorial content calendar for usatriathlon.org and works with contributors and USA Triathlon Certified Coaches to fill specific story needs for all USA Triathlon-owned media, including articles, feature stories and blogs
• Oversees social media strategy for channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Google+. Plans social content calendar and engages and oversees monitoring of social media channels on a daily basis
• Creates weekly e-newsletter, Multisport Zone, which is distributed to over 90,000 readers
• Manages Social Media & Video Content Coordinator
• Serves as editor of the eight-page youth insert, USA Triathlon Kids, in the quarterly USA Triathlon Magazine, as well as managing editor for entire magazine, and primary editor for annual Rankings/AOY section in the spring magazine
• Editor for web content, newsletters, event programs and other publications
• Provides event support at various USA Triathlon National Championships through social media updates, live blogs, photo galleries, media & public relations and other communications as needed
• Effectively coordinates with other USA Triathlon business units, constituents and Marketing & Communications team to produce and update publications and materials
• Along with Social Media & Video Content Coordinator, serves as staff-wide contact for all social media planning, monitoring and implementation
• Assists with e-communications strategy
• Responsible for writing ad copy and directing creative strategy for social media and marketing campaigns
• Regularly contributes to magazine and website editorial planning sessions
• Assists with writing website copy and organizational messaging, as needed
• Monitors analytics and insights for digital content platforms to optimize content delivery methods, strategies and topics
• Other duties as assigned
• Excellent writing and editing skills; strong news judgment
• Minimum 5-7 years professional experience
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications, English or relevant field
• Understanding of various social media outlets and ability to follow emerging trends
• Proficiency with Photoshop, MS Office, InDesign and/or Dreamweaver; skilled with Mac and PC operating systems, including mobile devices and technology
• Experience updating and managing online content through a content management system (CMS)
• Experience/understanding of SEO strategies and Google Analytics is a plus
• Desire to work within a fast-paced environment as part of a team
• Ability to travel for events and work a flexible schedule, including off-hours, weekends and holidays
• Ability to work long hours at events with time spent on feet, walking around
• Familiarity with the sport of triathlon, or endurance sports, is preferred but not required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note, applications will be accepted until June 15, but review of applications will begin immediately.
About USA Triathlon
USA Triathlon is proud to serve as the National Governing Body for triathlon, as well as duathlon, aquathlon, aquabike, winter triathlon, off-road triathlon and paratriathlon in the United States. Founded in 1982, USA Triathlon sanctions more than 4,300 events and connects with more than 400,000 members each year, making it the largest multisport organization in the world. In addition to its work with athletes, coaches, and race directors on the grassroots level, USA Triathlon provides leadership and support to elite athletes competing at international events, including International Triathlon Union (ITU) World Championships, Pan American Games and the Olympic and Paralympic Games. USA Triathlon is a proud member of the ITU and the United States Olympic Committee (USOC).