Responsible for providing coaching and administrative assistance to the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach in all phases of the tennis, golf, rally squad and acrobatics and tumbling strength and conditioning programs. Provide assistance in the operation of the weight room and implementation of individualized conditioning, strength, speed and flexibility programs for student-athletics in all assigned intercollegiate sports programs. Committed to continual learning of enhanced training methods of field. Responsible for promoting the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program, including adherence to all department policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the university, Pac-12 Conference and the NCAA.
To ensure full consideration, applicants please upload the following with your online application:
• A cover letter in which you clearly describe how your knowledge, skills, and abilities prepare you for the job responsibilities and requirements outlined in the job announcement. Please discuss each element completely and succinctly.
• Current resume, which includes dates of employment and clearly highlights experience that meets the required qualification
• Answers to the following supplemental questions:
1. Please list and describe your recent areas of coaching expertise in strength and conditioning, athletic training, and sports training field (e.g. track sprinters 2015-present; stage training, dynamic training [olympic lifts], elastic training [plyometrics], sprint training etc.)
2. Please list and describe the recent competitive sports teams you have coached, not including strength and conditioning (e.g. freshmen baseball 2016; hitting, pitching, base running, situations, etc.)
3. Please list and describe any teaching experience in the college, high school, middle school/junior high, and/or elementary school physical education setting including strength and conditioning (e.g. freshman weight training I, seventh grade P.E., etc.)
4. Please list NSCA and/or CSCCa certifications: (numbers and expiration date)
Minimum Requirements • Master’s Degree from accredited institution in exercise and movement science and/or education. • Current National Strength and Conditioning Association certification (CSCS). • Proven experience of strategic planning, implementation and monitoring of strength and conditioning to high performance athletes. • Experience as a strength coach working in high school or collegiate athletics.
Preferred Qualifications • Experience working with collegiate tennis, golf, rally squad and gymnastics student-athletes. • Experience working in a Division I, power-5 conference. • Candidates who promote and enhance diversity are strongly desired. • Excellent interpersonal and team skills. • Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.