The Registrar Department at the University of North Texas in Denton, TX is seeking to hire an Assistant Registrar to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Act as the Office of the Register certifying official for all incoming and continuing UNT student-athletes.
* Ensure the accurate and timely submission of the NCAA Graduation Success Rate Report.
* Collaborate with Athletics Staff to complete the Academic ProgressRate Report.
* Manage set up related to student-athlete certification in student database.
* Provide eligibility evaluations for incoming transfer student athletes.
* Maintain expertise in NCAA and Conference USA rules and regulations impacting UNT student-athletes.
* Participate in the Registrar's Office Assistant Registrar leadership group
* Maintains efficient procedures and communication protocols within the UNT community to ensure administration of effective front counter services.
* Recruiting, interviewing, selecting, training, and supervising employees of the area.
* Supervise two full-time staff members and student workers.
* Serves in a strategic role by assisting with the development of, or providing input for, academic or administrative policy changes (at the request of the Registrar).
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and three or more years of progressively responsible experience in academic administration or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Demonstrated competency in administering services and operations in a college/university environment, including demonstrated skill in problem solving and change management.
* Knowledge of hiring, developing, supervising, and evaluating staff.
* Commitment to providing high-quality customer service.
* Ability to work in a collaborative results-oriented environment.
* Consistently exercise initiative, tact, diplomacy, and professionalism.
* Evaluate and resolve problems.
* Establishes, motivates, and supports effective teams to meet objectives.
* Manages conflict, works collaboratively within office and with other university departments.
* Current knowledge of Federal educational laws and policies pertaining to education records.
* Ability to effectively use computer and information technology.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Internal Number: 153863
About University of North Texas
The University of North Texas System is a publicly funded institution with five locations in one of the nation’s 10 largest metro areas. Almost 10,000 faculty, staff and student workers are employed in the cities of Dallas, Denton and Fort Worth.
Many employees are recognized scholars and teachers whose work supports student success, creates healthier communities and serves the needs of the North Texas region and beyond. Many are skilled staff whose contributions are in administration, maintenance and construction, food service, computer technology, and finance and accounting, among others.