The Army West Point diving coach will be responsible for all diver recruitment, practice and training, and competition. In addition to coaching the divers, additional team duties (e.g., team academic oversight, team travel logistics, diving equipment maintenance, participating in and managing team events, etc.) may be assigned by the head swimming and diving coach.
Competitive applicants will have the following: -Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of diving coaching experience (NCAA Division I preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, coach, and manage a successful diving program
- A strong sense of team, where swimming and diving are one team
- The ability to lead and mentor cadets to become leaders of character
- Values congruent with those of the United States Military Academy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An understanding and willingness to abide by the rules and regulations of the Patriot League and NCAA
This is a full-time, 12 month position. While military experience and/or familiarity may be helpful, it is not necessary. The Army West Point Athletic Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applications will be reviewed, and all applicants will be considered without regard to age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other qualitative basis protected by federal and/or state law.
Internal Number: 020
About Army West Point Athletic Association
The mission of Army West Point Athletics is to provide an extraordinary Division I Athletic experience that develops leaders of character committed to the values of Duty, Honor, Country. Located in the scenic Hudson River Valley, only 50 miles from New York City, the U.S. Military Academy at West Point is a four-year academic institution, a nationally-renowned historic site, and the oldest continuously occupied military post in America.