Responsible to the athletic director to develop and maintain highly competitive men's varsity and junior varsity golf programs within rules and regulations of the institution, the Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, and NCAA Division III. Responsible to the Director of Athletics and Assistant Athletics Director for Facility Management for game day preparations and event management of athletic events to provide a safe, well organized event for student athletes, officials, and event attendees.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Head Men's golf coach:
1. Responsible for the overall management and leadership of the men's intercollegiate golf program.
2. Plan, organize, and manage all phases of the men's golf program including: student-athlete skill development and teaching and motivating techniques and supervision and development of practice and game sessions recruiting of student-athletes
3. Develop and supervise: out of season strength and conditioning program in collaboration with the Strength and Conditioning staff/coaches and fund raising activities for the men's golf program
4. Develop and manage the men's golf program budget in collaboration with the associate athletics director of business affairs.
Athletic Events Manager
5. Oversee operations of events and tournaments including but not limited to:
Supervision of ticket booth workers - including cashbox & ticket duty for the event
Meet and greet officials, visiting teams, and other event staff
Venue set-up and tear down as necessary, including concession stand
Assure that all equipment related to the event is put away and secured
Supervise student staff assigned to the event
Serve as point of contact for risk management and site management public safety, parking services, crowd control serve as building manager
Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
General duties & responsibilities
6. Attend staff development opportunities and coaches meetings.
7. Follow the mission and beliefs of the athletic department and Central College.
8. Consistently demonstrate a positive attitude.
9. Must be open and adaptable to change.
10. Must work cooperatively and respectfully with a variety of campus groups.
11. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred in related field
Three to five years coaching experience.
Ability to travel; night and week-end work required.
About Central College
Founded in 1853, Central College of Pella, Iowa, is a private, residential four-year liberal arts college known for its academic rigor and strength in global experiential learning, STEM (science, technology, engineering and math), sustainability education, athletics success and tradition, and leadership and service. Central continues to value its long-standing relationship with the Reformed Church in America that began in 1916. The college participates in NCAA Division III athletics and is a member of the Iowa Conference. Central is an active part of the Greater Des Moines region and just two minutes from Lake Red Rock, Iowa's largest lake