The Operations Coordinator, Track & Field/Cross Country is responsible for assisting the coaching staff and sport administrator with the management and coordination of day-to-day operations for the Track & Field/Cross Country program.
1. Works with compliance staff to create a culture of compliance to meet NCAA, ACC, University and departmental policies and procedures.
2. Assist coaches in coordinating permissible correspondence to incoming student-athletes regarding workout programs, orientation schedules, fall housing requirements, required physical documentation and equipment needs.
3. Assist coaches in coordinating all team travel with business office staff, including: coordination of flights, hotel and buses with travel coordinator, creation of agendas and processes all spend authorizations.
4. Assists in planning and execution of off-campus and on campus recruiting events. Serves as a direct representative of the University’s coaching staff to potential recruits and their families.
5. Works with coaches to coordinate all practice session scheduling and setup. Works with the game management and facility staff to coordinate home meets/games.
6. Manage Teamworks for track and field and cross country program.
7. Processes all reimbursements and purchase requisitions.
8. Assists head coach and business office with monitoring of current fiscal year budget and formulation of next year’s budget.
9. Works with coaches and equipment staff a to order and allocate all athletic equipment.
10. Works with coaches and student – athlete development staff to plan and coordinate events.
11. Responsible for maintaining compliance with NCAA, Atlantic Coast Conference, institutional and departmental policies and procedures.
12. All other duties as assigned by the Director of Track & Field/Cross Country.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization; and one year of appropriate experience.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: P100038806
About University of Miami
The University of Miami is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.