Essential Duties and Responsibilities 1. Reports directly to Senior Associate Athletics Director for Administration.
2. Directly oversee olympic sports strength and conditioning for 19 sports.
3. Collaborate with head coaches to design and implement year round training programs for each of the 19 olympic sports.
5. Tests & Evaluates the progress of athletes over the course of the season and year.
6. Directly oversees assistant strength coaches for Olympic sports.
7. Supervises athletics Weight Room, inventory, and maintenance.
8. Direct oversight of the olympic sports strength and conditioning budget.
9. Responsible for equipment, purchase, and management of strength and conditioning equipment.
10.Works in conjunction with the performance team (nutrition, psychology, sports medicine) to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of all student-athletes.
11.Coordinates with coaches regarding schedules and needs.
12.Supports education on nutrition and supplementation.
13.Commitment to and compliance with the University’s and Department of Athletics policies and procedures as well as the Sun Belt and NCAA constitutions, bylaws, legislation and regulations.
14.Other duties as assigned by Senior Associate Athletic Director.
4 year degree and at least 2 years experience in college strength and conditioning.
CSCS and CSCCA Certification Required.
5 years of experience working with olympic sports
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with experience
Internal Number: 086301
About Appalachian State Univerisity
Appalachian is a special place. Our location in Boone, North Carolina's Blue Ridge Mountains, a place of great beauty abundant with cultural and recreational opportunities, profoundly shapes how our community lives, works and learns together. Once you become a part of our community, you never really leave.