The Director of Athletics is responsible for the overall Athletic Program at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside and will report to the Chancellor. The Director of Athletics is responsible for athletic personnel, budgets, marketing, and fundraising; compliance with NCAA, Conference, federal, state, and university rules and regulations, athletic facilities, and the sports medicine, intramurals, and intercollegiate programs. The position requires leadership, excellent management and communication skills, and the ability to build and lead an effective program.
Required and Preferred qualifications:
- Master’s degree in related field
- 5-7 years of experience applying NCAA guidelines, federal regulations and/or other policies/procedures in
- Demonstrated record of successfully leading a complex organization
- Proven ability in the hiring, supervision, and evaluation of personnel
- Proven record of successful fundraising and entrepreneurial involvement
- 5-7 years of experience administering an NCAA athletics program
- Progressively responsible experience as a coach and/or administrator in intercollegiate athletics
- Extensive, related, and progressive administrative experience
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with experience and education. The UW System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdfTotal Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
UW-Parkside is a regional comprehensive university that is committed to accessibility, academic excellence, student success, diversity, and community engagement. This beautiful campus is on 700 acres of woodland & prairie in the heart of the Milwaukee/Chicago corridor, between Racine and Kenosha and near Lake Michigan. The university enrolls approximately 5,000 students, many of whom are first- ...generation and nontraditional students. UW-Parkside benefits from the diversity of the communities it services in Kenosha, Racine, and Walworth Counties. Kenosha and Racine are small cities that offer tranquility and convenience. The myriad attractions of Milwaukee and Chicago are easily accessible, as is the solitude of the country. UW-Parkside is strongly committed to creating and maintaining a multicultural, pluralistic campus environment.
The tri-county region that comprises the University’s primary service area is home to an impressive array of businesses. There are more than 10,000 small businesses in the region, as well as a large number of globally-recognized employers. The college, through its active, engaged Advisory Board, enjoys a close relationship with many of these businesses. For further information regarding the University and community, please see our website at www.uwp.edu.