The successful candidate will report to the Director – Media Services. Duties include:
- Assisting media services director in the execution of the Big 12 media services operation.
- Collaborating with the media services and digital services teams to ensure timely, comprehensive and engaging promotion and reporting of Big 12 Conference results, statistics, news and information; and its dissemination across all Conference online, mobile, social and traditional communications platforms.
- Coordinating the production of online record books, media notes, news releases, statistics compilations ant team-generated feature content.
- Establishing and maintaining positive relations with media through strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Contributing regular written content to Big 12 communications platforms to supplement multimedia assets.
- Assisting in the media operations planning and staffing for all Big 12 championships, media days, and special events.
- Working in conjunction with Conference staff, member schools and media, as needed in the promotion of the Conference, its member institutions’ sports programs, coaches and student-athletes.
- Contributing to communications activities and team, as
- Assisting in maintaining the Big 12 archive library and its website.
- Additional duties, as
Bachelor's Degree required. Applicants should have 2 – 4 years of relevant experience; and a strong personal working knowledge of athletics communications. Proven strategic planning experience is necessary, as are:
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and StatCrew statistical software.
- Knowledge of various online and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, as well as HTML coding).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to stay up-to-date on current and emerging communication technologies and social media.
An aptitude and passion for college sports is preferred as a successful candidate must be able to provide media support and reporting services across all Big 12 sponsored sports. At least three years of professional experience in sports information, journalism and reporting and/or prior experience in collegiate athletics is desired.
Applicants must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment is required. Candidates will have excellent problem-solving and time management skills, in addition to creative thinking abilities; and will be expected to take direction and initiative, acting in accordance with the core values of the Big 12 Conference.
Travel and weekend work is required.
For full consideration submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references by June 2, 2017 to:
Brad Clements, Assistant Commissioner/Human Resources Director
Big 12 Conference
400 East John Carpenter Freeway
Irving, Texas 75062
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Big 12 Conference is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. For more information on the Big 12 Conference visit Big12Sports.com.