| NATURE OF WORK |
This position, with a projected start date of summer 2017 and under the direction of the Associate AD / Media Relations is responsible for serving as the primary contact for Duquesne football, lacrosse, track and rowing in addition to serving as the primary assistant for men’s basketball.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK (This list is neither absolute nor restrictive, but indicates approximate duties and responsibilities which may be redefined pursuant to operational needs.)
• Assist with hosting duties for NCAA championship events.
• To provide assistance with planning and implementing communications strategies as they relate to the goals and objectives of Duquesne’s 17-sport Division I athletics programs.
• Oversee media relations efforts for assigned programs. Communicate with coaching staffs and media to coordinate interviews, provide timely, accurate information and handle media needs before, during and after competition.
• Charged with developing an integrated brand marketing and communications plan that provides a strategic basis for the entire department, guiding both internal and external correspondence as well as public perception.
• To provide content for the web site beyond game recaps and previews, including feature-type stories.
• Monitor perceptions of Duquesne’s athletics programs and coordinate strategic messaging in conjunction with marketing and branding department.
• Maintain a working knowledge of and adherence to NCAA, Atlantic 10 Conference, Northeast Conference and institution rules and regulations. Communicate any possible infractions to the compliance staff.
• Self-starter who works efficiently and is prepared to offer new and creative ways to conquer traditional tasks. Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively. Strong organizational and communication skills. Contribute to a positive department environment.
• The successful candidate must demonstrate strong organizational skills and an ability to communicate effectively with student-athletes, coaching staff, parents, and the University community.