1. Athletic Fundraising & Ticketing
- Maintain knowledge of NCAA, CIAA, and Johnson C. Smith University rules and regulations.
- Responsible for securing private support for the University's athletics programs through cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Establish a reporting system that tracks and reports on contributions from Golden Bull donors.
- Serve as a liaison to the JCSU 100 Club and assist with membership initiatives.
- Oversee all athletic department hospitality and special events.
- Works collaboratively with ticketing, on-campus and community organizations to increase event attendance, ticketing revenue, and exposure for JCSU Athletics.
- Assists with developing long-term strategic plans for external partnerships and initiatives, strategic branding plan for the department, strategic planning for maximizing existing and new revenue streams.
2. Marketing and Promotions
- Oversees marketing, in-game promotions, event scripting and presentation of home athletic events, including band and cheer.
- Assists in the development and implementation of all athletic media advertising, social media, video board and collateral material.
- Works collaboratively with other university departments to achieve maximum brand exposure and licensing revenues.
3. Student Athlete Affairs
- Collaborate with Center for Career Development to assist with workshops, seminars and internships with corporate sponsors for student-athletes.
- Identify community engagement opportunities for JCSU student-athletes, coaches and staff.
Bachelor's Degree and at least three years of professional experience in fundraising, marketing, event planning, and public relations; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Master's Degree preferred.
Send resume, letter of application, unofficial transcript (official transcript will be required for final candidate) and contact information for three professional references to:
Assistant Athletic Director for External Affairs Search Committee
Office of Human Resources
Johnson C. Smith University
100 Beatties Ford Road
Charlotte, NC 28216