| NATURE OF WORK |
This position, with a projected start date of summer 2017 and under the direction of the head rowing coach, is responsible for all phases of the women’s rowing program as it relates to the mission of Duquesne Rowing and Duquesne University Department of Athletics. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to coaching, recruiting, team travel and providing a positive collegiate experience for student-athletes.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK (This list is neither absolute nor restrictive, but indicates approximate duties and responsibilities which may be redefined pursuant to operational needs.)
• The successful candidate must demonstrate strong organizational skills and an ability to communicate effectively with student-athletes, coaching staff, parents, and the University community.
• Display an unyielding commitment to honesty and integrity, as well as to compliance with NCAA, Atlantic 10 and Duquesne University regulations.
• Demonstrate a commitment to assisting student-athletes achieve academic success by creating a positive educational environment that also promotes personal growth for student-athletes.
• Should have an understanding of the demands placed on Division I student-athletes both in the classroom and on the water.
• Support the head coach in the development of the women’s rowing program that challenges student-athletes to improve and succeed individually and as a team effectively within the structure of the Athletic Department.
• Provide student-athletes with appropriate coaching by imparting knowledge of the sport and skill instruction.
• Effectively recruit student-athletes that can be successful within the program and the university’s academic standards.